Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Precision 7510 Keyboard Backlight problem

Options
  • 23-03-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi - a few of us in the office have got some new Precision 7510s that we run on docking stations with external keyboards. The laptop screen is normally open as an extra screen to the main monitor. It never happened on the older models (Precision M4800) we had but now sporadically and for no apparent reason the keyboard backlight on the laptop keeps coming on for a few seconds even though the key board has not been touched. It is distracting...
    I know I can probably disable the backlight but I undock frequently and have to use it where the backlight is useful so constantly enabling and disabling would be a pain.

Anybody any idea on what this might be and a possible fix? Laptop is on W10 and is the exact same set up as on the Precision M4800 we had before which did not have this 'feature'!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cover the sensors surrounding the webcam and see if it stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

ED E wrote: »
    Cover the sensors surrounding the webcam and see if it stops.

I've just discovered mine has no webcam or microphone!

Advertisement