Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMAX 3D Tickets €4.30

Options
  • 23-03-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭

The Jungle Book, Fantastic Beasts, The Martian and Star Wars The Force Awakens

April 8th Cineworld Parnell St Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are these real IMAX screens ?
    I thought they had pulled out of Ireland years ago.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are these real IMAX screens ?
    I thought they had pulled out of Ireland years ago.

Not the truly massive old IMAX screens, it is the new generation of digital IMAX screens. There is only one in Ireland, screen 17 in Cineworld. It is one of the nicest screens in Ireland, but not true old style IMAX that was there in the past. Still a great Bargain for these movies which are well worth seeing on this screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Nice one OP

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

bk wrote: »
    Not the truly massive old IMAX screens, it is the new generation of digital IMAX screens. There is only one in Ireland, screen 17 in Cineworld. It is one of the nicest screens in Ireland, but not true old style IMAX that was there in the past. Still a great Bargain for these movies which are well worth seeing on this screen.

There's an IMAX screen in Wexford Omniplex. I haven't been in it yet so can't say anything about the quality.

Edit: just checked and it's a MAXX screen in Wexford. My mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Screen 17 in Cineworld is brilliant. Best mix of screen size and sound quality in Ireland. It's the exact same auditorium they had the old IMAX in. But my god you pay for it. For near €20 you should be sitting in leather premium seats with some incline.

To put it in perspective, true 70mm IMAX is only in approx 5 location in the U.K., mostly anchored in some museum or permanent film exhibition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Screen 17 in Cineworld is brilliant. Best mix of screen size and sound quality in Ireland. It's the exact same auditorium they had the old IMAX in. But my god you pay for it. For near €20 you should be sitting in leather premium seats with some incline.

To put it in perspective, true 70mm IMAX is only in approx 5 location in the U.K., mostly anchored in some museum or permanent film exhibition.

On Tuesdays you can get tickets for €12 and food for cheap too.

Advertisement