Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange email from EA.

Options
  • 23-03-2017 9:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

So, i received an email from EA thanking me for getting in touch with their support. I've never sent an email to them so just wondering has it happened to anyone else? The email didn't state what the issue was that i was supposed to have emailed them about.

Comments

Just ignore it. Or log into your EA profile and see if you have any open tickets. If you do, change all your passwords. If you don't, ignore it.

Just to add, in case, log into the official EA profile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just ignore it. Or log into your EA profile and see if you have any open tickets. If you do, change all your passwords. If you don't, ignore it.

Just to add, in case, log into the official EA profile.

And don't click any of the links in the email either, if it's a phishing email, then it'll bring you to a site that probably looks like EAs site, but isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

So, i received an email from EA thanking me for getting in touch with their support. I've never sent an email to them so just wondering has it happened to anyone else? The email didn't state what the issue was that i was supposed to have emailed them about.

Don't log on through the link in the email, in case it's a phishing email.

Edit: CatInABox got there before me :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Cheers lads. Logged into EA (Had to reset password as i haven't logged in in ages) and can't see anything about me being in touch with their support so must have been a phishing email alright.

Advertisement