Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos/Alba/Archos mt8163

Options
  • 22-03-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭

Hi

i rooted my tablet , (kingo root) , worked fine, installed a app to remove bloatware , and must have accidentally deleted a system file ,
    as now it boots goes to start the GUI but fails and sits on a black screen

I have tried to get firmware for this but to no avail ,
    i can still get into the system recovery and if i had a image i could flash it ,
    but - problem is getting one that will work.

What are my options here as i am new to Android, and the tablet is physically ok so dont want to fling it against the wall just yet.

can i put a generic image onto it ? can i put a Linux distro ?
    I have looked into all this and am lost and feel like i am wasting my time.

A nudge int he right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Android isnt as flexible as x86, you cant get a generic OS and install away.

MT8163 is the processor. Whats the actual model number?

Alba is just a rebadge but if the OEM is Archos the stock FW from them is likely somewhere on XDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

ED E wrote: »
    Android isnt as flexible as x86, you cant get a generic OS and install away.

MT8163 is the processor. Whats the actual model number?

Alba is just a rebadge but if the OEM is Archos the stock FW from them is likely somewhere on XDA.

hi , thanks for getting back to me !!

is a Alba branded one that Argos sell , but its a Archos unit , the cpu is indeed a MT8163, apparently the image i need is specific to this , but i have tried the chip manufacturer , argos , bush , and a myriad of Android sites looking for the correct one for this model but none appears to be available .

The model number on the back is AC101CPL , on needrom.com its have roms that are close , but dont work , and mine is not listed anywhere.

so if i cannot get the right image is the thing basically a brick now ?

Cheers

Advertisement