Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Credit

Options
  • 22-03-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Last year I took out Health Insurance, I just got my P60 and I don't know if I got a Tax Credit for it?
    HELP!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

cathorio wrote: »
    Last year I took out Health Insurance, I just got my P60 and I don't know if I got a Tax Credit for it?
    HELP!!!!!
    Did you pay for health insurance? Did your employer pay for health insurance?

Are you married or single? Are there any other tax credits you have claimed other than the standard. What does it say on your P60 next to tax credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

HELP!!!!!

If you pay it yourself, then tax credits are applied at source, ie, you get the health insurance price minus tax deducted. If your employer paid it for you, you can apply for the tax credit on revenue.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cathorio

I checked my P60 and can't find anything about Tax Credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

If you pay it yourself, it won't be on your P60, your health insurer deducts the tax saving at source. if your employer pays for it, you need to apply for your tax credit online at revenue.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

https://www.google.ie/search?q=p60&safe=off&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiz2u_KlOvSAhVFCcAKHVpiAqwQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=768#imgrc=SRhBsWAJkQr4qM:

That's an example p60. You see in the top corner it says tax credit 3300.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The p60 doesn't give a breakdown of tax credits, so you won't see it on there

Advertisement