Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair flights from €5

Options
  • 22-03-2017 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭

Ryanair having a sale until 6pm tonight some flights from €5, might suit someone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The website being down unaffecting this????

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057720080

• Registered Users Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭irishgeo

vicwatson wrote: »
    The website being down unaffecting this????

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057720080

The sale ends at 6. Website goes down at 6.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Site seems to be working

Edit - my bad, sale is on beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Website is down for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Website is down for some of today/tomorrow for updates - Might screw up some people hoping to check in online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Down for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Website currently "unavailable due to scheduled maintenance ".

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Back up, only april and may flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No flights for a fiver where/when I want to go :mad:

Even at the most unsocial hours the cheapest is 20 quid.

ETA - now I see that the fiver was mentioned on here, not on the website - and yes, I know it's "from" a fiver..... but I'd checked flights for this trip before and they don't seem a whole pile different in the sale......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Site down for me too, one would have to ask what complete idiot employee would announce a sale on the morning before the site goes down for maintenance considering the big extra load would already be on the site from people looking to check-in.

Sale is legit alright...

https://twitter.com/Ryanair/status/844451077428826113

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Yeah every time it's the same. Ryanair website unusable right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I was on the website earlier today about 8am, only 1 place in the UK had flights for €5, couple of others places were €9, next up was €14. even Liverpool that is cheap most of the times the price was €14. I was not interested on any of them so didn't check the dates or times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I got on a little while ago, the only 5 euro flights were to Brussels, Leeds and maybe Glasgow as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

Shannon to Berlin €5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

It's 100,000 flights over the entire network, so it will be on selected routes from every airport they operate in, in both directions, not 100,000 seats to/from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Been down for the last 15 mins or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭scheister

managed to get on via the App it appears from Dublin €5 each way to Newcastle and Brussels if willing to travel on Tuesday Wednesday or Thursdays during April or May

these Ryanair sales are sort of useless and have been for a while imo. never see anything decent to a place that you'd consider going to unless it's Newcastle or some other crappy regional UK destination. maybe useful for a stag party.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

App not working at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Everything is fcuked.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Safari isn't working either, I'll try later again.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Obviously a mad stampede to buy midweek flights to Newcastle . Brussels is the only other location they are offering these 5 euro flights to !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭rabjoshu

madanall wrote: »
    Obviously a mad stampede to buy midweek flights to Newcastle . Brussels is the only other location they are offering these 5 euro flights to !!
    :confused:
    Shannon to Berlin
    Knock to East midlands, Stansted and Bristol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It isn't Brussels either, its Charleroi. Which in fairness isn't bad at all for €10 return if you spend a night or two there.

madanall wrote: »
    Antwerp is 30 mins from Brussels - train under the airport - Antwerp is a lovely city, and Belgium has the best beer and chocolate in the world - DO IT!

It isn't Brussels either, its Charleroi. Which in fairness isn't bad at all for €10 return if you spend a night or two there.

Ah.... that changes things ... abort, ABORT!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Website is still in a heap!!!

Tried checking flights to London Gatwick and it comes back with ZERO flights

Ryanair.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

glasso wrote: »
    these Ryanair sales are sort of useless and have been for a while imo. never see anything decent to a place that you'd consider going to unless it's Newcastle or some other crappy regional UK destination. maybe useful for a stag party.

In November I got a pair of return tickets to Glasgow for me and my girlfriend for a grand total of E8.16 (there was a 4c hidden charge on each ticket, cowboys!). Rented a car through Ryanair for £30 sterling for 2 days. Landed Tuesday morning, drove to the highlands, drove to Edinburgh after and stayed there, drove back to the airport the next evening and flew home 36 hours later. Holiday was excellent and cost next to nothing, these deals are all about what you make of them!

Being slightly more on topic, had a pair of E5 Brussels this morning but couldn't get past the checkout login stage, when the website went back online, all the compatible dates were gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Crashed again for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mike1961 wrote: »
    Website is still in a heap!!!

Tried checking flights to London Gatwick and it comes back with ZERO flights

Ryanair.JPG

If it's of any use, I was checking these early this morning (shortly after the thread was started) and the cheapest was 14.99 at the crack of dawn, and about 40 or 50 quid for more normal times. No bargains to be had there.

Advertisement