Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I reached my 'Duck it' point at work today

Options
  • 22-03-2017 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

It was a long day. One of those days in which you never get your own work done because things in other areas keep going wrong and you have to help other departments etc.

Anyway, roughly around four of the clock this afternoon everything (after much effort) suddenly went tits up... And genuinely through no fault of my own.

And so I reached my 'duck it' point. I said 'duck this' to myself...

...I'm going to the canteen to listen to the radio for half an hour with a ham sandwich, a mint aero, and a nice big cupán tae.

And suddenly the world wasn't so damn grim anymore.

Anyone else had something similar?

What do you do at work when you reach that point and need to get away from it all before you lose your mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

My profession is to deal with crises/emergencies when they arise. So I don't really have that option.
    I enjoy it though. I like being able to mould calm out of a complete sh1tstorm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Never work a job you can't walk out on in five seconds flat.

That's my recipe for a happy life.

Do your best, do what you do do well, treat the job well for as long as it treats you well, but the minute, no, the second, you realise you're not getting as much out as you put in, walk out that fcuking door. I've walked out of a job the exact day I was due a bonus that was more than most salaries, and I've never regretted it one bit.

They should teach the shit I preach in schools, the world would be a better place

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

. I've walked out of a job the exact day I was due a bonus that was more than most salaries, and I've never regretted it one bit.

No that was just stupid, I'm sure the company was devastated they didn't have to pay you such a large amount of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Senna wrote: »
    No that was just stupid, I'm sure the company was devastated they didn't have to pay you such a large amount of cash.
    They can be as devastated or as joyous as they want, the minute you start working for them instead of yourself is the minute you sell your soul, brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Every time I have to wax around the poo on someone's arse hole I have a duck it moment.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Every time I have to wax around the poo on someone's arse hole I have a duck it moment.

Did they ever get a hard on at that moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Did they ever get a hard on at that moment?

That would only be alarming if they're female. Par for the course with men. Cos I'm such a ride, obvs

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Do your best, do what you do do well, treat the job well for as long as it treats you well, but the minute, no, the second, you realise you're not getting as much out as you put in, walk out that fcuking door. I've walked out of a job the exact day I was due a bonus that was more than most salaries, and I've never regretted it one bit.

They should teach the shit I preach in schools, the world would be a better place

You really showed them. What your preaching sounds pretty silly. Why would you tell anyone to not wait a day to quit in order to receive a bonus bigger than most peoples salaries? I call bull****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

punk_one82 wrote: »
    You really showed them. What your preaching sounds pretty silly. Why would you tell anyone to not wait a day to quit in order to receive a bonus bigger than most peoples salaries? I call bull****.

He is on the gargle I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

The important part is, he was due a bonus. And it was bigger than most people's salaries. Must be a real important guy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Would that subject be called Bullsh*t then?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Would that subject be called Bullsh*t then?

Or, How To Be Homeless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

How many dependants have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    How many dependants have you got?

Does his imagination count?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Grayson wrote: »
    My profession is to deal with crises/emergencies when they arise. So I don't really have that option.
    I enjoy it though. I like being able to mould calm out of a complete sh1tstorm.

Mr Wolf is that you, I might need a clean up at 2:47pm later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Didn't realise bonuses were so good for footing turf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Quack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I may be wrong (and making a leap) but wouldn't people of this ilk probably be engaging in anal activity and such people would be fairly well versed on rectal hygiene? Maybe they're new to the anal club and you might be popping their waxing cherry before the other cherry is popped. Could be considered an honor really.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I felt sick reading this.

I have a heard a few horror stories from a few beauty therapists. Shocking the amount of dirty creatures out there and a lot of the time they are impeccably made up, hair done but unveil nasty dirty feet, and worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

That's my recipe for a happy life

Your recipe for a happy life is based on a line from a 90's heist movie? And your regurgitation of catchy lines from 90's heist movies should be preached in schools?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mrw-waking-up-on-monday-after-the-holiday-break-and-realize-i-have-to-go-back-to-work-195753.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, there have been crap moments but as I generally really enjoy what I do I hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That was Robert DeNiro in heat wasn't it?
    I've walked out of a job the exact day I was due a bonus that was more than most salaries, and I've never regretted it one bit.

Backwards by name, backwards by nature.

That's the most retarded thing I've heard in a long, long time. There are only 2 real options here i'm afraid .
    Spoofer or idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Surely that's a toilet duck it moment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Can you not throw them out and tell them to wash their smelly hole before looking for a waxing or else drip scalding wax onto their manky bumhole? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

My neighbour tells me that he has an afternoon spank in work to alleviate the stress of his job.

I'm not sure what he does for a living and I don't know how that ever came into a conversation?

Advertisement