Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaa transfers

Options
  • 21-03-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I'm 22 and recently applied for a transfer from one club to another haven't played in over a year and there not granted it because of my loyalty to my first club and that I was on the team sheet for the seniors. but I never played for them.the reasons I want to transfer to the team I'm looking to go to is I wasn't getting games at previous club and that my brother and 6 cousins and uncle are all involved in the new club. All I want to do is play football and the county board are stopping me from doing that. What should I do any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gazules

Hi just wondering if you managed to get the transfer you were looking for? and if so have you any tips Im trying to transfer my son also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

to the first guy, what could be stopping you is a number of things, maybe starting with the parish rule which states you have to play for the club in the parish where you live.

as to the new query, again, every single county has their own distinct rules for transfers so you need to give a hint where you might be talking about in order for anyone to try and help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

to the first guy, what could be stopping you is a number of things, maybe starting with the parish rule which states you have to play for the club in the parish where you live.

as to the new query, again, every single county has their own distinct rules for transfers so you need to give a hint where you might be talking about in order for anyone to try and help.

many counties have no parish rule

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

nice_guy80 wrote: »

many counties have no parish rule

Really? Wasn't aware of any counties who don't operate on a parish rule other than in towns or cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

bruschi wrote: »
    Really? Wasn't aware of any counties who don't operate on a parish rule other than in towns or cities.
    in Cavan theres no strict parish rule, more a catchment thing from what I gather

and in Kildare, they havent even that and you can play for a club across the county (and beyond according to a certain high profile case)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Redbuttons1

I am enquiring about transferring from a club which my child hasn't played with since u12 and is now u16
    We have moved to another county what do I need for transfer and how do I go about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

I am enquiring about transferring from a club which my child hasn't played with since u12 and is now u16
    We have moved to another county what do I need for transfer and how do I go about it...

Find out who the secretary of the club you want your child to join and they should take care of everything for you.

More information here

http://www.gaa.ie/the-gaa/rules-regulations/transfers-and-sanctions-information

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

Speak with your county secretary (or a knowledgeable club secretary) to be absolutely sure. Inter county transfers are necessary at adult level....I'm not sure about juvenile. The process is straightforward in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just sign up with the new club. You won't need a transfer. I moved from Kerry to meath last year. Signed up last week with the local gaa club and it wasn't a problem.

Exiled1 wrote: »
    Speak with your county secretary (or a knowledgeable club secretary) to be absolutely sure. Inter county transfers are necessary at adult level....I'm not sure about juvenile. The process is straightforward in any case.
    thanks for the reply.. just wondering if I need to gather up evidence of new address ie utility bills etc
    Or is it just a matter of filling in transfer form or what other info do I need to supply

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just sign up with the new club. You won't need a transfer. I moved from Kerry to meath last year. Signed up last week with the local gaa club and it wasn't a problem.
    Really is it that simple . My new residence is only a 15 mile move which means the clubs are neighbouring clubs but in different counties...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Really is it that simple . My new residence is only a 15 mile move which means the clubs are neighbouring clubs but in different counties...

Unless he's a county star which is highly unlikely after not playing for 4 years then you don't need to worry about a transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭heftie

Hi

Tried to transfer my 12year old to a club in his locality ,CCC turned it down under 6.2 rule, appealed it , and it was ruled out of order because I signed it (as parent) which the GAA don't accept, can a juvenile (minor) really be made sign any document??

Advertisement