Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naionra Blanchardstown

Options
  • 21-03-2017 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Does anyone send their child to the Naionra in Blanch village? Starting looking into sending the little fella there at some stage and would like to pick the brains of a current parent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 maryjanemax

Hi Dobbit. I've put two kids through this Naoinra so happy to help with your queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Thanks!! I'll pm you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vons2014

Hi Guys,

Just following up on this - would love to know a bit about this naionra.
    What age do they take children from etc.

Thanks a Mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

http://www.gaelscoileanna.ie/en/naoinra/naionra-mhol-an-oige-baile-bhlainseir/

Caitlín runs both the Blanchardstown and Ongar naoinraí. As far as I know both have the same schedule, a morning and afternoon session that fits with the ECCE hours so its 3hrs five days a week mirroring the primary school calendar. Our munchkins attended the Ongar one and I can't praise it highly enough. It tends to be the year before school when most of the paistí attend as the Aistear ECCE program is covered.

http://www.gaelscoileanna.ie/en/naoinra/naionra-an-chuilinn/

There's another naoinra in Tyrrellstown connected with Gaelscoil an Chuilinn, and Joanne is absolutely lovely, adored by every child I've seen her engage with.

Best bet is to pick up the phone and have a chat with them. I've no idea how places are in Tyrellstown, but theres always been high demand on Blanch and Ongar so if you have a September in mind for your little one best get their name on the list soon as possible.

Go n-éirí :)

Thanks soooo much for your reply!

Glad to see there is a few options in the D15 area & that they are so recommendable!

I think we're looking at next September (2018) but will give them a call and see what the options are.

Go raibh mile maith agat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

http://imgur.com/a/v81vW

Flyer in the mala today from naoionra, saying there's places available in Ongar for Sept 2017. Also up-to-date contact details for Tyrellstown on the second one.

Awww thanks so much KGLady!!

Very much appreciate you sending this on :-)

Thanks KGLady! I've put my fella down on the list for Sept 2018 in the blanch naionra, just need to sort out the rest of childcare around it since I work full time and his current creche doesn't do pick ups or the like.

Vons2014 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just following up on this - would love to know a bit about this naionra.
    What age do they take children from etc.

Thanks a Mill!

Hi Vons2014, my son is turning 3 in August 2018 so he will qualify for ECCE in Sept of that year which is when they start taking them I believe, I'm hoping we can send him for his two ecce years and then start him in school when he turns 5. Caitlín told me on the phone they have two sessions - one at 8.30 to 11.30 and one in the afternoon (12 - 3 maybe?)

Amazing, thanks so much dobbit!!
    My little one will only be 2.5 years by then so might have to wait till the following year, will give them a buzz and see what she says - thanks for times etc - you guys have been so helpful :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Rainbow19

Hi sorry I know this is an old post but daughter is starting in blanch village in Sept 12-3pm, just wondering how people managed if they were working getting them dropped off and collected, I have a minder but she cannot do the run for me as she does her local school runs at the same time, did any of yous get another parent to help? Or if yous have any ideas I b grateful

Advertisement