Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on samsung s6, error, now not reading sim??

Options
  • 20-03-2017 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Just did the update due on the phone and it's now coming up saying sim error and a bloody message on the screen that i can't get off.

The message on the screen says: The processcom.android.phone has stopped close app.

Would anyone know why this is or what i can do? Can't even get the phone to power off because of the message on the screen :mad::mad:
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Try do a force reboot and see if it corrects the issue.To do a Force reboot do the following.........
    To force reboot your device, press and hold the Volume down and Power/Lock keys on the device for 10–20 seconds. This performs a simulated battery disconnect.

Hopefully that'll solve the issue for you.I believe this is a common issue for some,after a Update...It's caused by the Sim ToolKit .

Here are some other possible fixes(Factory Reset being the last action you should try or the very last resort).
    1. Clear Cache and Data of the Phone App

To access this option, go to Settings. Then, select Apps. Tap the All tab so that all the apps of your device will be displayed in a column. Scroll down until you see “Phone” or an option similar to it. Tap it, followed by selecting the “Clear Cache” option. If the problem persists, repeat the steps and include “Clear Data” in your actions. Reboot your phone for the changes to take effect.

2. Clear Cache and Data of the SIM Toolkit

Repeat the steps shown above. But this time, choose SIM toolkit from the list of apps under the All tab.

3. Fix Using Custom Recovery

Install the latest AROMA file manager, which can be found in the XDA website. Use it to delete the cache or temporary folder of “Phone” as well as the SIM toolkit app. Reboot your device for the changes to take effect.

4. Do a Factory Reset

As a last resort, backup your data and perform a Factory Reset. To do this, shut down your device normally. Next, hold down the Volume Up, Home and Power keys altogether until the phone vibrates. Once it vibrates, let go of the Power key but keep your fingers pressed on the rest. However, once you see the Android logo, let go. From there, backup and do a Factory Reset.

One of the above should sort it out,good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thank you so much. The other half just told me the above with the up volume. Wasn't working, so tried the down volume and that cleared it thankfully.

Appreciate the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

andreac wrote: »
    Thank you so much. The other half just told me the above with the up volume. Wasn't working, so tried the down volume and that cleared it thankfully.

Appreciate the reply.

You're welcome,glad it's sorted.At least you know now for future reference;)Cheers

Advertisement