Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Houses you've always wanted a peek inside

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'd like to have a house to look out of.

Any of the ones posted in that funny houses for rent thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Snoop Doggy Dog's house. You just know that his place would be deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Winterlong wrote: »

They should really bring back MTV Cribs

http://www.mtv.com.au/mtv-cribs/videos/mtv-cribs-aaron-carter-snoop-dogg-melissa-joan-hart

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

A "peak" inside? As opposed to "peek?":pac: So putting mountains into dwellings is the new interior decorating fad, eh?:D

But I digress. No, I've never really been interested in the interior of others' abodes. It's the interior of my own that I care about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

whiskeyman wrote: »

For years, I always wanted to see inside this house... and thanks to it coming on the market, I could! :D
    http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/57088

It's a bit underwhelming?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a place on Long Walk that a friend went to a party at and said it was amazing inside. I always gawk in through the windows as I walk past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

This one in Clondalkin

NjczNDQ5NWEyNDU4YTE1YmNhNmQzYTJlZDc0MzU1YjVYAgng-NDunnK6nYPgQ3XXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvZC82L2Q2YTJjYzkyNWJmNTdhMjg0ODg4Y2FmMDAzMzRhODYyLmpwZ3w3MDB8NTI1fHx8fHxodHRwOi8vd3d3LmRhZnQuaWUvaS93YXRlcm1hcmtfZGFmdC5wbmd8fHw=.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭blackwhite

On the Funny Houses thread, there's places you'd probably wish you'd never set your eyes on! :eek:
    However, is there a house you drive past on your commute that you'd love to have a nosy in?
    Maybe there's a mansion down the road you'd give anything for to see what it's like inside?
    For me, there's 2 anyway.
    This house on the N11 just past Donnybrook and just before RTE:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3177495,-6.2299739,3a,73.6y,58.86h,92t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sw8tAQhbgtta2gDcw9690bA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

For years, I always wanted to see inside this house... and thanks to it coming on the market, I could! :D
    http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/57088

Fixed the typo! :P

The one on the N11 was up on daft last year at some point - I remember looking at it at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Winterlong wrote: »

Would it be pure lethal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

blackwhite wrote: »
    The one on the N11 was up on daft last year at some point - I remember looking at it at the time.

ooh, must find it!
    Can you remember was it fancy or needed work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭blackwhite

ooh, must find it!
    Can you remember was it fancy or needed work?

Fairly anonymous on the inside - pick a basic Celtic tiger apartment interior and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Playboy Mansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Loftus Hall....but not on my own, and only in the daylight.

12914793155_2810a00d7e_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Loftus Hall....but not on my own, and only in the daylight.

12914793155_2810a00d7e_b.jpg

I was in there as a child, my Dad was from the area and knew the man that owned it at the time. I can remember being in a really old fashioned drawing room. I'd love to go back and get the tour some time, no excuse not to !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,716 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I would also like to try the tour. The girl who lived there in the 18th Century had an affair with a local sailor and the parents killed her baby and put the little body in the wall, the girl went mad and drew on the black arts, devil worshipping, to curse the house ever since. Every single person who took over the place since has been marred in bad luck/tragedy/financial loss. The current owner wont set foot upstairs due to the continued demonic presence in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭alan1963

I would also like to try the tour. The girl who lived there in the 18th Century had an affair with a local sailor and the parents killed her baby and put the little body in the wall, the girl went mad and drew on the black arts, devil worshipping, to curse the house ever since. Every single person who took over the place since has been marred in bad luck/tragedy/financial loss. The current owner wont set foot upstairs due to the continued demonic presence in the house.
    I went on the Loftus hall tour last summer,a good light hearted experience but I don't for a minute believe the house is actually haunted
    The current owners are good business people, they picked the house up for a song and are making good money doing haunted house tours
    they didn't need to spend much on renovation work to do this compared any other use they could have found for the building.
    Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I've done the Halloween tour and it is a beautiful house/mansion :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd say there was a few demons there after the Nathan Carter concert last year!

Advertisement