Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeatherWoman on RTÉ just now.

Options
  • 19-03-2017 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

This lady just winked at the entire country and told us to be good. I'm all for being relaxed and such but it looks sort of daft. In fact, it looked bloody odd but I'm old. Maybe this is the new approach. Good luck now scobies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,033 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fleawuss wrote: »
    This lady just winked at the entire country and told us to be good. I'm all for being relaxed and such but it looks sort of daft. In fact, it looked bloody odd but I'm old. Maybe this is the new approach. Good luck now scobies.

ah she does this when somebody famous dies such as chuck berry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Maybe 'good night and God bless' is being phased out since we're becoming a country of heathens!!:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Maybe 'good night and God bless' is being phased out since we're becoming a country of heathens!!:eek::eek:

I can assure you heathens say Goodnight. Goodnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭cnoc

She is an outgoing chatty person. I think she is fine. I could be in your age bracket!

I can assure you heathens say Goodnight. Goodnight.
    I never said they didn't!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

You stay classy, San Diego.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

You claim to be old, but you don't remember the winking weather man from Wexford? Decades he was at it -

He gave his first weather forecast in July 1985. In 1990, he was made co-ordinator of weather at RTÉ Television. While on television he was noted for his tendency to wink.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Fleming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

You do know what it means when a women winks at you?

It means she wants 2 in the pink and 1 in the stink when she gives you the wink!

You claim to be old, but you don't remember the winking weather man from Wexford? Decades he was at it -

He gave his first weather forecast in July 1985. In 1990, he was made co-ordinator of weather at RTÉ Television. While on television he was noted for his tendency to wink.

I only remember him for the anorak. I'm older than I thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

I'll stick with the hot weather girls on TG4 thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Peregrine wrote: »
    You stay classy, San Diego.

Go fcuk yourself San Diego!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It was a nod to Chuck Berry. She said goodnight Mary when Mary Tyler Moore died and when Prince died she said no rain, purple or other.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    It was a nod to Chuck Berry. She said good Mary when Mary Tyler Moore died and when Prince died she said no rain, purple or other.

I missed the nod. So it was a nod and a wink?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Go fcuk yourself San Diego!

And thanks for stopping by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I missed the nod. So it was a nod and a wink?

Lol, of course. What use is a nod without a wink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Samsgirl wrote: »
    It was a nod to Chuck Berry. She said goodnight Mary when Mary Tyler Moore died and when Prince died she said no rain, purple or other.

That goodnight Mary caught us out too, my wife looked at me and said did you hear that? which I had, but I too had no idea what she was on about until we found out the next day that she had been refering to the death of Mary Tyler Moor, hence the goodnight Mary!

She's a 'quirky' weather girl if ever there was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

True that
    He did a good weather report did Gerard, you felt relaxed with him giving you all sorts of extreme weather warnings maybe it was psychological!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

At least with RTE the know what there talking about and you can understand what say compared to the rubbish on TV3.

She did it again. Nod AND wink AND be good! 6 and 9! The Double!

mgn wrote: »
    At least with RTE the know what there talking about and you can understand what say compared to the rubbish on TV3.
    Ah but sure if it wasn't for TV3 weather poor Maggie Murphy from Wicklow '102 years young today' wouldn't get her birthday wishes the crather!!!

• Advertisement

She did it again. Nod AND wink AND be good! 6 and 9! The Double!
    I saw it on the 9 lol!

MyKeyG wrote: »
    I saw it on the 9 lol!

I could see her building up to it at 9. She flicked the hair away from her eyes with a head shake! I'll be on edge the next time she's on!

Think of another musician / celeb whose passing she'll turn into a secret m sssge to the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Your Face wrote: »
    Grow up.

This is AFTER HOURS you know ;)

Thanks to the last few posters who said they saw it again
    That put a smile on my boat race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I watched RTE 1 +1 just to confirm this, and she did it alright, the saucy little minx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I watched RTE 1 +1 just to confirm this...

What a waste of a life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Well I did raise some orphans during the break...

Advertisement