Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would you prefer to go for dinner with?

Options
  • 19-03-2017 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,391 ✭✭✭✭

You have the choice of going for dinner with Colm O'Gorman and Louise O'Neill who'd be considered left wing in Ireland or Breda O'Brien and David Quinn who'd be considered right wing in Ireland.
    Whilst I'd consider myself more left wing than right wing. I'd probably go to for dinner with Breda and David because from what I've heard from people who knows them Breda is meant to be the nicest(which I know won't go down well here). Colm would probably be last on my list because he's meant to be really patronizing and rude if you don't agree with him on any subject,

Who would you prefer to go for dinner with?

Who would you prefer to go for dinner with? 17 votes

Colm O'Gorman & Louise O'Neill
    0% 0 votes
    David Quinn & Breda O'Brien
    100% 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

I'm washing my cats' hair

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My loved ones whose company I enjoy. I don't feel that I have to go to dinner with someone well known and have a walking on eggshells type dinner conversation.

I'd rather enjoy the food and the company.

OP - you should have a third poll option - none of the above.

Hmm Lemmee see now.

None of them but if I had to choose then Breda and maybe Colm. Any shíte out of Colm and I'd swap him for David.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

David Quinn....solely so I could punch him in the throat and shît in his pockets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

David Quinn and Breda O' Brien. At least they would provide interesting conversation as opposed to the idea of the other two who would be more interested in smelling their own farts all night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

frag420 wrote: »
    shît in his pockets!!

Need some precision aim there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

snowflaker wrote: »
    I'm washing my cats' hair
    I'm also staying home with a wet pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

None of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,391 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

dinorebel wrote: »

Don't let Louise hear you use language like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

dinorebel wrote: »

9d00e14506909d98e79432df6105f3a2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

I'd rather starve!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

David and Breda. I'd order the most expensive items on the menu and then feck off and leave them with the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Who are all of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'll stay in and get a Chinese thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

David Quinn and Breda O' Brien. At least they would provide interesting conversation as opposed to the idea of the other two who would be more interested in smelling their own farts all night.

Agreed, I'd much prefer the company of the ionanists than those two pompous self regarding knobs

zuutroy wrote: »
    Who are all of them?

I'm surprised you haven't heard of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

I'd fancy my chances with Louse O'Neill, she's attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

I'll stay in and get a Chinese thanks.

Sweet and sour chicken?

I'd fancy my chances with Louse O'Neill, she's attractive.

I'd be very careful. you might end up with a documentary written about you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

If I absolutely had to choose then....I think Breda is the only one I could tolerate. My views would generally differ completely from hers on almost every issue but she seems like a reasonably normal person in her mannerisms and conduct. The mannerisms and public conduct of the other three seem to me to be beyond what I could sit through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

I'm having my breakfast, Kate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Sweet and sour chicken?

Nah, spice bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Who are those people?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have no idea who Breda and David are but they seem like the only option that will keep me from self harm.

The other pair are very, very nasty and sociopathic people.

Your Face wrote: »
    Who are those people?

Their religious and conservative people in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Their religious and conservative people in Ireland!

Oh OK, I get the angle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Definitely Colm and Louise. Despise both of their political ideologies, but Breda O'Brien goes far beyond politics and into religious territory. Political ideologues can generally still have a civilised conversation, religious zealots not so much. Plus I'd love the chance to get a first-hand window into LoN's head and how she's come to believe the horrible things she believes, both from pure interest and because it might make debating with those who share her views a bit either. With Breda O'Brien we already know she's a social conservative with a religious background - their beliefs tend not to be grounded in any form of thought process whatsoever and are usually instead hand-me-downs from family members or other childhood authority figures. Far less interesting to chat with I'd imagine.

Don't know much about Quinn, but from what I've read he strikes me as the same - a religious zealot whose only argument to back up his views is "God exists and has decreed the following - if you don't agree then you're a moron". As someone who has a deep belief in God myself, I nonetheless find this type of argument supremely irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'd rather starve.

You could probably market it as a diet - don't lose X amount of weight per week/month, you have to go to dinner with one of those people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

I'd never go out for a pint with a doctrinare leftist. You can forget any jokes. Jokes are out. Most conversation is out.

The entire night would he controlling the mouth in case you said something that might offend delicate ears.

• Advertisement

Just to clarify to people when I said go for dinner with them the conversation would be just a generally conversation and it wouldn't get too political/religious.
    I choose Breda and David because Breda meant to be a nice enough women and understanding about most things and David went with that.
    If I choose Colm and Louise I'd be terrified I'd say the wrong thing and I'd get accused of something.

Advertisement