Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Worlds

Options
  • 19-03-2017 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I'm considering grabbing this to play while the kids give me ideas of what to build. They're too young yet to play. But it would be interactive at least. Better than peppa ****ing pig.

Also I'm a big kid.

So is it any good. Very few reviews online oddly. The ones I have seen seem to imply it's a bit buggy and hard to get used to.

Also looks like a game for PC over console with all the clicking and dragging etc I assume? I'd rather play on PS4 cause I don't have the laptop hooked up all the time but I don't want a cumbersome play time.

Thoughts on this one? Sorry if there was another thread on this but I don't see one.

Thanks

Ps I never played Minecraft but I can't ignore Lego

Comments

It's awful. Frame rates hit the floor and the engine struggles to load the worlds as you traverse them worse if you are in a vehicle, you will regularly hit an invisible wall while the world slowly loads and pops in around you.

So the set up is as follows you have characters who give you missions to trade or build or paint stuff ect and these are incredibly repetitive. In order to create your own world you have to collect 100 gold bricks which takes a fair while as of this moment I have 98 and I've been going out of my way to get them and am 20+ hours in. Even then you have to use your discovery tool or hunt down chests to get access to building materials. Then there is the interface, it's not in the least bit builder friendly.

Oh and it's got bugs a plenty. Broken quests , glitches that send you flying through the map buttons stopping working so you have to hard quit and potentially lose progress. Trouble picking stuff up. Menu's not organized really so it's hard to find stuff you want to place in the world.

In every conceivable way Minecraft is better than this by a running mile. It might be great a few patches down the line or in the creative mode i've still to unlock but for now i'd avoid it.

Oh I'm playing it on Xbox and yeah definitely would be helped by a mouse and kb to play it. You can tell on some of the screens and interfaces it's been poorly optimized for controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Thanks for the enfilade. Sounds like I'd be better off with Minecraft for now.

It's an awful shame they didn't go all out with it and get it right. It has potential to be amazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's awful. Frame rates hit the floor and the engine struggles to load the worlds as you traverse them worse if you are in a vehicle, you will regularly hit an invisible wall while the world slowly loads and pops in around you.

So the set up is as follows you have characters who give you missions to trade or build or paint stuff ect and these are incredibly repetitive. In order to create your own world you have to collect 100 gold bricks which takes a fair while as of this moment I have 98 and I've been going out of my way to get them and am 20+ hours in. Even then you have to use your discovery tool or hunt down chests to get access to building materials. Then there is the interface, it's not in the least bit builder friendly.

Oh and it's got bugs a plenty. Broken quests , glitches that send you flying through the map buttons stopping working so you have to hard quit and potentially lose progress. Trouble picking stuff up. Menu's not organized really so it's hard to find stuff you want to place in the world.

In every conceivable way Minecraft is better than this by a running mile. It might be great a few patches down the line or in the creative mode i've still to unlock but for now i'd avoid it.

Oh I'm playing it on Xbox and yeah definitely would be helped by a mouse and kb to play it. You can tell on some of the screens and interfaces it's been poorly optimized for controllers.

That's really disappointing too hear, was gonna pick it up on PS 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i tried it yesterday was a bit of a mess graphic settings kept going wonky ran a bit crap then i refunded it

Ok so this thread prompted me to go and find 2 more gold bricks so I could unlock the create a world feature.

Basically it's no different to the rest of the game with the exception of being able to chose a biome for the world. No terrane options etc and you are stuck with the items you have discovered previously so this isn't even a fully creative mode like minecraft has. no option to start with a fully flat world or anything.

Options for it are , biome type , world size, animals and charaters (limited to ones you have discovered). and thats it so noting you couldn't already do in the main random world mode really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

From what I read and seen of reviews the game was great and very enjoyable in Early Access.
    Then on release they patched it and changed things and it's not the same game anymore and many people aren't happy with it AT ALL.
    WARNING this game is NOT what it used to be.
    If you saw the Early Access and decided to wait for release to buy this game, or saw it in EA being played by a youtuber or something, then I do not recommend this game. Why? Because this game is not the game it was in Early Access. The game use to be open and creative, now its linear and just boring to get through. I want the open world creative lego game I payed for!
    completely different than what it used to be.
    Oh my god how I LOVED this in early access!
    V1 has ruined it.
    A storyline, goldbrick hunt what is LEGO doing!!!
    It used to be all right before its full release; now it is too restrictive and follows the more typical Lego game formula to a higher degree. It was pulled from early access too soon and still is not a finished game in my opinion. Reccomended only for fans.
    This game was really nice and funny... WAS! Now it is not sandbox, like their said... Now you MUST doing boring thinks to get
    some gold bricks, and reach new rank.. I dont know why they named best rank a Master-Builder... I think that need to rename to Master-Quester... AND game crashing every time when i load game or have effects on. 30euro? Do NOT buy this sh*t. Sorry but yes, S*it . I hope they fix their game and make it more SANDBOX.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So early access sounds like what I thought it would be like but then they completely dumbed it down into a regular linear Lego game. Don't get me wrong I like Lego games but I was hoping this one would be a proper open playground of Lego with the only limitation being my imagination.

The funny thing is there's been loads of backlash by the looks of it but by the time the fix it people won't care about the game and won't buy it.

What a waste

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

So early access sounds like what I thought it would be like but then they completely dumbed it down into a regular linear Lego game. Don't get me wrong I like Lego games but I was hoping this one would be a proper open playground of Lego with the only limitation being my imagination.

The funny thing is there's been loads of backlash by the looks of it but by the time the fix it people won't care about the game and won't buy it.

What a waste
    Early access wasn't that great tbh. The building mechanics were terrible from day one and never improved

Advertisement