Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostel or B&B in Cootehill

Options
  • 19-03-2017 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm heading to Cootehill for the Kayakarun in August. I've been looking online for hotels/B&Bs/hostels/airbnbs but there's either very little there or everything's booked out. The only one i can find available is poorly reviewed online as being dirty.

Maybe someone here knows of something that may be available. I'm not looking for much, just a double/ twin bed in a clean room and access to a shower.

Or would i be better staying in Cavan town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'm not sure of the transport out too Foothill from Cavan town and if it would suit you etc but there are plenty more options of B&B's in the Town. There aint any hostels that I can think of TBH and Air B&B is not widely available in Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

I'm not sure of the transport out too Foothill from Cavan town and if it would suit you etc but there are plenty more options of B&B's in the Town. There aint any hostels that I can think of TBH and Air B&B is not widely available in Cavan.

I'll be driving so transport won't be a problem. Is it much of a drive from Cavan town to Cootehill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

doniem wrote: »
    I'll be driving so transport won't be a problem. Is it much of a drive from Cavan town to Cootehill?

No, about 20 mins. If thats the case I'd look at Cavan town but be warned, if your drinking and get a taxi you probably will not get one late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

doniem wrote:

Ballybay,Shercock are also not far from Cootehill
    Plenty of B&Bs to chose from you shouldn't really be stuck for a place to stay

Ok, thanks for the info folks. I'll have to look at the other towns ye mentioned, I'd be sleeping in the back seat otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

I always read reviews on places, but take some with a pinch of salt. Some people are real whingers tbh.

Riverside b&b in Coothill is lovely, we stayed there a few times. It's old world and homely, and it's comfortable, clean and warm and the owner is lovely. She has been very helpful to us in the past. You can book online etc, but we call her directly.

Estrellita wrote: »
    I always read reviews on places, but take some with a pinch of salt. Some people are real whingers tbh.

Riverside b&b in Coothill is lovely, we stayed there a few times. It's old world and homely, and it's comfortable, clean and warm and the owner is lovely. She has been very helpful to us in the past. You can book online etc, but we call her directly.

Thanks, I'll check that out. You can't beat the local knowledge. The reviews on it are mixed but it's good to hear from someone who knows the place.

Advertisement