Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Finglas to Exchequer Street, Dublin, then back down the M1

Options
  • 19-03-2017 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

OK, I have to visit a few places in Dublin next Thursday, and not quite sure what is my best plan. Firstly I visit Finglas, I'm fine with that, know my way around... but my next stop is Exchequer Street, Dublin. I will be driving, but am I better parking somewhere outside the city centre and getting a bus or taxi? or will I have any hope of parking near my destination (at a reasonable price)? I am a fairly experienced driver, but with all those Luas works and not knowing my destination, should I park somewhere like Drumcondra and get taxi or bus? I will be heading home to Drogheda after Exchequer Street, so any (price friendly) ideas will be appreciated from anyone who knows the area well. If there is parking nearby Exchequer Street, how plentiful is it... don't want to be told to park somewhere and then arrive and not a hope of getting a space. I will be going to city centre round dinner time. Your ideas appreciated (for someone who is getting the collywobbles about it already)!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Better off getting a bus, as the bus gate will be in effect so no private cars are allowed through College Green from 7am-7pm.

Depending on where you'll be in Finglas, the number 40 would drop you at College Green just round the corner from Exchequer Street, or the 140 would drop you on Georges Street right beside Exchequer Street.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/140-/

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/40-/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

If you're coming in at dinner time, you'll actually be travelling against the traffic most of the way -
    unless there's an accident somewhere, you'll only have heavy traffic for the last few min of the journey (once you're in the city centre). As the previous reply says, avoid the College Green bus gate, but from Finglas you'll probably not be going that way, not if you're coming down the Phibsborough Rd anyway.

If you do decide to drive, there are several carparks just off Exchequer St - one of them has an entrance just off Exchequer St itself on a laneway before Musicmaker (I think it's officially Trinity St Carpark), there are 2 on Drury St just around the corner and the big one at Stephen's Green which is only a 5min walk.

(Caveat: I don't really know Finglas, just the latter part of the route & Exchequer St)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

For the price of 2 hours parking in town you'd pay the same in bus fares and you'd avoid the mess that is the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Thank you all very much for your replies - I appreciate that advice. Time isn't really a factor as I will be in Finglas early, and my meeting in Exchequer Street is after dinner, and I'm in no rush at all to get out of city, so traffic won't bother me. Thanks again.

Advertisement