Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenor sax player wants to create or join a Blues Band in Limerick or Clare area

Options
  • 18-03-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all, I'm a Tenor sax player and I want to create or join a Blues / Funky or Jazz Band in Limerick or Clare area.

I played in a blues band for 6 months and I have some music sheets for various instruments.

We could start with:
    I feel good
    Hit the road Jack
    Soulman

Let me know if interested.

Gianni

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pluto1982

Hi Gianni

I'm a guitarist based in Limerick I'm playing guitar since I'm a child I'm looking to start practicing with other musicians with a view starting a band I am a rock guitarist but rock came from the blues so I could see myself in a blues band too. If this sounds up your street give me a bell
    Regards
    Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 saxplayer

Hi Paul,

thank you for contacting me for this band proposal.

At the moment, I play in another band (marches, operas and soundtracks), but I can be available from September if we are able to build a good Blues band or related band.

We should find at least other 2 musicians (drums and bass player).

What do you think?

Hi Paul, any news about this?

Gianni

• Registered Users Posts: 18 armitageshanks3

Hi guys how's the search going. This is something I'd love to get involved in, have loads of experience in a blues band. Singer and guitarst based in Limerick

Hi guys how's the search going. This is something I'd love to get involved in, have loads of experience in a blues band. Singer and guitarst based in Limerick

At the moment, I'm the only one willing to create a blues band in Limerick, and I include you too :) We can start to meet and maybe playing our self first, then post our progresses here and the musicians we could need. What do you think?

• Advertisement

Hi All,

With armitageshanks3 we will meet in the next weeks for playing something together.

We need a drum player and a bass player for completing the basic blues band. Singers, wind instruments, trumpets and keyboards players are very well welcome too!

Hi All,

I found also a drummer and we need only a bass player for the basic blues band!

Pretty soon we will meet for practicing.

Gianni

Hi All,

we still need to find a Bass player . We are looking for a place where we can practice in Limerick.
    The idea is starting to practice soon, new musicians or singers are welcome!

Gianni

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Bee_Kay_

Hi I'm a singer with several years experience who would love to perform in a blues band. Are you interested in a main singer for this grouo? Thanks!

Bee_Kay_ wrote: »
    Hi I'm a singer with several years experience who would love to perform in a blues band. Are you interested in a main singer for this grouo? Thanks!

Hi Bee_Kay, sure! You are welcome in our band! We are still looking for a bass player, if you know somebody who can play it, let us know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 duckNcover

Hey guy's,

When is the jam session happening?? Would love to come along and see what the story is. I'm a singer/ acoustic guitar player.

Hi duckNcover,

We haven't planned any jam session yet, it is a completely new band and we need a Bass Player for completing the basic band.

We are also looking for a place where we can play in Limerick, do you know some cheap place?

We can meet in a pub next week for talking about this new band.

What do you think?

Advertisement