Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fees initiative when going from level 8 to level 7?

Options
  • 17-03-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,
    I am currently finishing year one of a level 8 in UCC.
    However I am both unhappy in my course and in the college.
    The course I would love to do is in an IT, it is a three year level 7 with a one year level 8 add-on.
    I am aware that you do not get free fees when you drop out and go back into a level 8 or need to repeat a year.
    My question is, will i still get free fee's for the 3 years of the level 7 and then have to pay the fees myself for the one year level 8 add on, do I have to pay the fees myself for the first year of the level 7, or how does it work?

I have tried looking up the answers online but cant seem to find anything about going from a level 8 to a 7, anybody been in a similiar situation or know anything that could help me it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

AJ1234 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am currently finishing year one of a level 8 in UCC.
    However I am both unhappy in my course and in the college.
    The course I would love to do is in an IT, it is a three year level 7 with a one year level 8 add-on.
    I am aware that you do not get free fees when you drop out and go back into a level 8 or need to repeat a year.
    My question is, will i still get free fee's for the 3 years of the level 7 and then have to pay the fees myself for the one year level 8 add on, do I have to pay the fees myself for the first year of the level 7, or how does it work?

I have tried looking up the answers online but cant seem to find anything about going from a level 8 to a 7, anybody been in a similiar situation or know anything that could help me it'd be much appreciated.

You have attended one year of a degree course at undergraduate level (Levels 6 through to 8) and will not be eligible for fees until you attend year two of an undergraduate course.

There are exceptions to this rule but you have to be out of studies for 5 years of more to be eligible for year one again.

Advertisement