Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long term effects of mild traumatic brain injury

Options
  • 17-03-2017 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

my partner had a mild traumatic brain injury(concussion) over 3 years ago and has never been the same since,i did not realise at the time why he was different.(I knew he got a bang to the head,but did not realise the consequences).he only told me after months the daily problems he was having with slowed thinking/no emotions and memory problems,because he was embarrassed and hoped it would improve.the headaches are always there,the medication he is on only helps abit with them.
    he also developed ptsd.

is there anything that can be done help improve memory/concentration?
    is this him left like this for life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sarzeds

Look up headway or bri , they are organisations that support people with brain injuries and their families .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 SupaFlyTNT

A doctor in the US specializes in hormonal treatment in relation to TBI.
    They may sound unrelated but, hormonal imbalance can result from it, and it's treatment can incite symptom relief/remission.
    Research Mark Gordon endocrinologist.
    I've read he corresponds with people overseas.

Advertisement