Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava's new feature for runners: Fitness and Freshness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Singer wrote: »
    Strava's Fitness and Freshness feature now works for premium runners:
    https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918477-Fitness-and-Freshness-calculations-Premium-

The data looks interesting for myself, pretty much along the lines of where I reckon I am!

strava-ff.png?raw=1

Pity garmin doesn't have this feature

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm sure they will eventually, they've copied everything else on Strava.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 flash84962

You can link your Garmin connect account to strava. And it will auto uploads from garmin to strava. There is also a website that will sync all your past Garmin activities to strava for a 5 dollar donation. I can't remember the name but dcrainmaker has a detailed section on his website.

Strava is free to use but I think the new fitness and freshness will it be on the premium account? 60 dollars a year.

Anyone else use trainingpeaks? I think they have a similar tracker? That might be part of their free service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Strava premium is only 20 quid a year if you link it with a mynb account and run at least 10 times a month

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

jameshayes wrote: »
    Strava premium is only 20 quid a year if you link it with a mynb account and run at least 10 times a month
    How? Can't see any options in either MyNB or Strava.

*Edit: Figured it out. You need a MYNB US account. The European site doesn't feature the same loyalty program.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

jameshayes wrote: »

What is mynb?

Edit: Found mynb. Created account. How do I get the cheap strava?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What is mynb?

Edit: Found mynb. Created account. How do I get the cheap strava?

I created a US account and successfully linked it to Strava, i'm guessing I need to log at least 10 new runs to get it as a loyalty benefit? - is that right James?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Think i found it -with enough runs Strava premium is free? https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/218544808-New-Balance-Strava

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

You get 25 points for every run, max of 250 points per month.. strava premium is 1200 points for 3 months premium so just stack up the points and get the free ones every now and then for clicking links & running on double points days and you'll be able to get strava every few months .. it takes 24hrs for it to recognise your runs

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Any one know how they calculate the metrics given? It says that I'm currently 12 points less 'fit' than last summer, but there's no way that's true. I get the feeling that because last summer I was doing more speed training for my goal race whereas now I'm doing all easy running is messing with whatever algorithm they have. But even with all the easy running, I'd do a 10k 3-4 minutes faster now without problem.

Interesting concept all the same, but without knowing how it's calculated, it's a bit useless to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

if you click on the "learn more" link above your graph it explains how the calculation is made. i'd be inclined to be sceptical too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Do you get an email with the promo code - I linked the accounts last night but have not received any code

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Do you get an email with the promo code - I linked the accounts last night but have not received any code
    I think you have to earn the promo code. :)

Advertisement