Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vu+ duo2 first time installation

Options
  • 16-03-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,
    I came to boards.ie because I'm thinking about getting a vu+ duo2, having read good reviews about it. At the moment I have a sky subscription, but that isn't making me happy at all anymore (nothing to watch and way too expensive).
    Here's the thing though - I have tried to read up about it and have also searched through some threads here on boards, but I cannot seem to get clarification as to whether a PC is necessary for first time installation.
    At the moment all we have in this house is an iPad and iPhone, no desk top computer or laptop. Is that us out of the running, or can the vu be set up without it ?
    The other thing is that I do ok with setting up gadgets, but I'm by no means brilliant at it (more a step-by-step instruction manual kinda girl) and so far it all sounds a bit confusing.

Any advice you all may have is very much appreciated.
    Thanks Jani

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

no a pc is not needed
    Most retailers would offer to install what ever image you want
    be it openvix open atv or blackhole

Where you may need a pc would be if you decide you dont like that image and want to change you would then need to download the new image to a usb key to install it on your machine
    But im sure you know someone with a pc that you could use for 5 mins to download it to a usb

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Janibooks

That's good to know, I'm sure I can live with whatever image is provided, I was more worried that a PC was needed to sort out all the channels and such.
    Thanks for your quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Janibooks wrote: »
    That's good to know, I'm sure I can live with whatever image is provided, I was more worried that a PC was needed to sort out all the channels and such.
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    You can change the channels( boquets ) to what ever order you like using the remote
    or you can use your ipad or android to web browse to the ip address of your duo 2 and view / edit channels on the web browser (webif)

I have the duo2 and use openvix and find it very good
    tried open atv and blackhole a few times and keep coming back to openvix

also you can rip the hard drive from your old sky box and insert it into the duo for recording and timeshift :-) save a few quid

Advertisement