Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A LIDL Disappointing weekly offer

Options
  • 16-03-2017 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Watching LIDL weekly Offers - Nice Garden SunLounger featured today 16th March in Get Green section for € 44.99 Looked really comfortable until I got up early and went to my local store only to find the nice cushion shown attached to the lounger was NOT part of the offer. Now I don't think it would be in any way comfortable to lie on without the cushion and there were no cushions to buy separately - what a disappointment - In my opinion Misleading Advertising !!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

The horror!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm not sure what a misdirected internet posting will achieve OP, have you tried complaining in store to the manager, did you phone them or provide this feedback on social media?
    I was in for a special a few years back in Lidl, can't remember exactly what it was, and they didn't get any in stock so I asked for the manager as I was a bit pissed off, he came down and apologised and that was that as far as he was concerned. A few minutes later as I was leaving and noticed another "suit", it was the area manager so I gave him my feedback also with the manager beside him, the area manager asked the store manager to respond and he was ****ting himself, the area manager then took my name and dropped the item off that evening in his own car to the store and I picked it up the next day.
    Complain through proper channels, give them a chance to rectify.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

well Slave1 I did complain to a staff member and was laughed at, then I phoned up Consumer Advice but they have no teeth, then I e-mailed Lidl only to be told the cushion was not mentioned in the advert - so where can you go from there !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

My tip for bargain of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The ad does say decorative purposes not included!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mike you're a DIY man, you should have known better, pfssst

Watching LIDL weekly Offers - Nice Garden SunLounger featured today 16th March in Get Green section for € 44.99 Looked really comfortable until I got up early and went to my local store only to find the nice cushion shown attached to the lounger was NOT part of the offer. Now I don't think it would be in any way comfortable to lie on without the cushion and there were no cushions to buy separately - what a disappointment - In my opinion Misleading Advertising !!!

Germans and Brits just throw a towel on it - be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bought this as well, disappointed it didn't come with the woman model.

bought this as well, disappointed it didn't come with the woman model.

What :eek: it doesn't, ah here I'm cancelling my trip to get one, they at least could have thrown in the model :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

neverending-story.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

MOVED TO CONSUMER ISSUES

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

CCPC (NOT the Consumers Association) may be interested as it does not specify the cushion is for illustrative purposes/not included. Won't get you one with the cushion, though.

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

L1011 wrote: »
    CCPC (NOT the Consumers Association) may be interested as it does not specify the cushion is for illustrative purposes/not included. Won't get you one with the cushion, though.

It states that "photographs are demonstrations only"

I wouldn't expect the cushion to come with it - don't think any garden lounger / chair from any store would have the cushions included.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

Yeah, they do sell the cushion occasionally, just not *this* week.
    http://offers.kd2.org/en/gb/lidl/pbmIg/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

nosilver wrote: »
    It states that "photographs are demonstrations only"

I wouldn't expect the cushion to come with it - don't think any garden lounger / chair from any store would have the cushions included.

Doesn't say it on the website as far as I can see (may be wrong); also I've frequently seen these sold with the cushion included - otherwise you'd have a hard time getting one that fitted and folded right.

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

L1011 wrote: »
    Doesn't say it on the website as far as I can see (may be wrong); also I've frequently seen these sold with the cushion included - otherwise you'd have a hard time getting one that fitted and folded right.

Says it clearly on the website.

Its a bit like buying a cone without the ice cream - disappointing
    even though both were shown clearly in the advert !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you buy a box of ice-cream cone wafers. Sometimes theirs pictures on the box of ice-cream on the wafers. However theirs only wafers in the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bought a box of bran flakes the last day, cant describe the annoyance when i got home to find no milk came with them, ate them dry, needless to say i'll be complaining today.

Haven't had this much fun in years :D:D:D

Now I'm thinking of buying the angle grinder stand - I'm sure they'll throw in the angle grinder too - otherwise I'll be REALLY disappointed

There's a photograph of it on the website after all !!!

• Advertisement

nosilver wrote: »
    Says it clearly on the website.

Where? I'm looking at the product page now (not a pdf of the leaflet, which I think is buried somewhere) and can't see it

Open your eyes 1011 its Paddys Day Lighten up :D:D:D

Advertisement