Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help help help

Options
  • 16-03-2017 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My children and I due to travel to Canada on holiday. My divorced spouse will not provide consent to travel. We are beyond disappointed. Do you know of a court process where I can urgently request a judge to dispense with the need for the other parents consent to travel? The &%$#+@! and i have joint custody. The girls and I have different surnames on our passports. Please tell me a way.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Another day

Apply to the Family Court for a hearing. Judges are well used to this scenario. Call your local court (or drop in which is better) explain the situation and ask for a date.

When attending ensure you have your travel itinerary with you, including return tickets. Have a letter from your employer stating your holiday leave and the date you are returning to work. These will smooth the path to get the courts ok to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FallDownGetUp

Thanks for the advice. I did go there on Friday. The problem is the timeframe to getting a date.....but I will know more tomorrow. Fingers, legs crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rizdub

Thanks for the advice. I did go there on Friday. The problem is the timeframe to getting a date.....but I will know more tomorrow. Fingers, legs crossed.

hello, did you get the court order? my friend is in similar situation and need urgent advice due to travel dates.
    Thanks

Advertisement