Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Amputee

Options
  • 16-03-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All, I have just joined Boards.ie in the hope of getting some information on caring for a double amputee. My elderly father had one of his legs amputated last September as a result of diabetes and we just got confirmation yesterday that his other leg will have to be amputated. I'm just wondering if there is anybody out there who could give me some advice of what to expect. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Welcome to Boards :)
    Your dad is going to experience huge changes, and so are you and I hope that you have plenty of support too. I can't offer any advice but there is an Accessibility & Mobility & Disability forum HERE on Boards with a Carers & Caring subforum. You're bound to get good advice and tips in there.

Advertisement