Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South East Asia

Options
  • 15-03-2017 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I'll be travelling through SE Asia starting in July and have the following rough itinerary:

July - Indonesia
    August - Philipines
    September - Vietnam
    October - Laos
    November - Cambodia
    December - Thailand

I don't really want to plan too much, and the above schedule is flexible, but does anyone have any tips/suggestions on this route before I book a one way flight to Jakarta. First time solo travelling (although I've lived abroad), 29 year old male.

The main reason I've chosen this route is to get as much good weather as possible (I understand August in the Philipines is wet season, however I don't see a way to visit this country during a period with better weather without either:

A. Encountering worse weather in one of the other countries
    B. Complicating the logistics of the route
    C. Increasing the cost of the trip

Any advice/tips/suggestions greatly appreciated, also open to replacing one of the above countries with another, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

You should definitely see Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. You'll probably transit through these at some point.

Hong Kong in particular is excellent! Macau and China proper are close by.

Advertisement