Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email template generators

Options
  • 15-03-2017 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea where to see examples of how these work? Similar to mail chimps drag and drop functionality to build up a HTML template.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Talisman

The interface is essentially implementing the HTML Drag and Drop API. I implemented a few of them for projects years ago - implementing undo/redo was a head wrecker the first time through.

An Italian marketing agency open sourced their responsive email builder Mocaico a couple of years ago. It uses the Knockout.js framework but the principles are the same no matter what framework you choose to work with.

If you're creating such a project my advice would be to choose your rich text editor carefully. At the time I used TinyMCE and it proved to be a horror to maintain. There are superior solutions available now - Squire is the rich text editor created by Fastmail for their own service and only supports tags that are valid for HTML email.

Litmus offers a great service for testing templates in email clients - Outlook was troublesome and Gmail also caused issues.

Advertisement