Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert!! Is it too late?

Options
  • 14-03-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

My mock results were horrendous:
    Maths (OL) 30%
    Irish: (OL) 58%
    English: (HL) 57%
    History: (HL) 49%
    Biology: (HL) 26%
    German: (HL) 50 %

I want to get 415 points to do social science in ucd.. does that seem impossible?
    I'm more than willing to put the work in!
    I'm also extremely worried about maths... any advice? My course doesn't accept foundation if you only have 6 subjects... thanks 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

My mock results were horrendous:
    Maths (OL) 30%
    Irish: (OL) 58%
    English: (HL) 57%
    History: (HL) 49%
    Biology: (HL) 26%
    German: (HL) 50 %

I want to get 415 points to do social science in ucd.. does that seem impossible?
    I'm more than willing to put the work in!
    I'm also extremely worried about maths... any advice? My course doesn't accept foundation if you only have 6 subjects... thanks 😊

No. Its not too late. Set out a plan, an ambitious plan and stick to it.
    For example:

Monday - Irish 1hr, 15 min break, 30 mins.
    Tuesday - English 1hr, 15 min break, 30 mins.
    Wednesday - History: 1hr, 15 min break, 30 mins.
    Thursday- German 1hr, 15 min break, 30 mins.
    Friday. Do 45 mins of your choosing
    Saturday 4 hrs maths in stints of 1 hrs
    Sunday 4 hrs Biology in stints of 1 hrs

Bump it up in time as the weeks get closer

when SCHOOL ENDS, DO MIN 4 HRS AS PERE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY SCHEDULES. uSE THE FIRST WEEK TO DETAIL ROUGHLY WHAT YOUVE TO COVER IN EACH SUBJECT (POSSIBLY USE TExT BOOK CHAPTERS as reference). Plough through them using cue cards or note taking. Proper involved study with memory checks periodically.

Stick to it

DONT let English & Irish slip, just because you got marks in the 50's. All subjects require attention. Get all your past papers and start ploughing through them. There are no shortcuts. Leave hints and tip until the last 2 weeks when it should only be brushing up. The above times are MINIMUMS

Maths, like all subjects is just putting in the hours. Ask your teacher for help if its that bad. They may well help you out. But don't go in for help blankly, have a few weeks of hard studying done and be able to pinpoint exactly specific areas that trouble you. Believe me, everyone is able to do Math. Sometimes lack of self belief stands in the way of doing the work. Its a slog, but if you have a desire to succeed, you will slog it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

That's not that bad...seriously Take it from a guy that wants a lg less points and may not get it either

Advertisement