Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New LC points

Options
  • 14-03-2017 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Quick question for those familiar with the new LC points system. In general, will points for courses go up or down?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

It depends on the demand for each particular course. The points you see printed is the number of points the person who got the last available place scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

My first impression is that points should change very slightly if they do. Of course, there are many factors to take into account here but I'd imagine that high points courses will shift up ever so slightly, mid points courses will shift down slightly and then I would hazard a guess that courses traditionally at the lower end of the spectrum will increase due to the introduction of points for those scoring between 30-40% at higher level.

But I really wouldn't overthink it if I were you. The goal remains the same, your performance is measured relative to your peers. It doesn't become any harder or easier to get into most courses.

Advertisement