Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I reseal travertine tiles after ten years

Options
  • 14-03-2017 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭

I have travertine floor tiles in the kitchen, paid a lot for them. That was ten years ago. I sealed them once at the time myself, haven't sealed them since.

They are now a fair bit dirtier obviously. They've been washed regularly, but the dirt builds up in the little grooves. They are the hewn travertine rather than polished.

Question is

If I get professional cleaner to do a deep clean and seal now...

Could that actually make them look worse? In that the dirt is not removeable and the polish will highlight that.

Or should a deep clean be really effective. The company gave me a quote and was adamant the deep clean would work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    I have travertine floor tiles in the kitchen, paid a lot for them. That was ten years ago. I sealed them once at the time myself, haven't sealed them since.

They are now a fair bit dirtier obviously. They've been washed regularly, but the dirt builds up in the little grooves. They are the hewn travertine rather than polished.

Question is

If I get professional cleaner to do a deep clean and seal now...

Could that actually make them look worse? In that the dirt is not removeable and the polish will highlight that.

Or should a deep clean be really effective. The company gave me a quote and was adamant the deep clean would work.

Did you get this done in the end
    If so what was the cost.

Advertisement