Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my eTA reference number

Options
  • 14-03-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I got an eTA for Canada last June but have stupidly since deleted the confirmation email. I'm off to Toronto again in a couple of weeks with work. I know these are valid for 5 years but I'd like some form of confirmation before I go. Can I get a reference number anywhere or should I just apply again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭alkev

As far as I know they are linked to your passport number and will show up when they scan your passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

You can check the status of your eTA here with your passport details.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hughie1989

alkev wrote: »
    As far as I know they are linked to your passport number and will show up when they scan your passport.
    Yes I think this is the case, but I don't want to show up for my flight and then find out I don't have one so I'd like to confirm beforehand. As its cheap to get one, I think I'll just apply again
    AmyPL wrote: »
    You can check the status of your eTA here with your passport details.
    Thanks I had found that, but when I select "I have an approved eTA. I want to consult my file", it throws up another box to input eTA number, which is what I do not have

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tokumei

Same here! What did you end up doing?

Advertisement