Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS staying marked as unread

Options
  • 14-03-2017 11:17am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For about a week now all my text messages are staying marked in bold as unread no matter how many times I open them. Also, I often seem to receive messages completely out of order. The time and date on the phone are correct.

Has this happened anyone before? Is it more likely a phone or carrier issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Maybe try a different text message app? Even see if you can mark them read in the new app and if you prefer the original one see if they stay read when you switch back.

I use hangouts as a sms client, but there are any number of them on the store.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Maybe try a different text message app? Even see if you can mark them read in the new app and if you prefer the original one see if they stay read when you switch back.

I use hangouts as a sms client, but there are any number of them on the store.

I opened the SMS in hangouts and the order is right and they stay marked as read. Back in the messaging app all but one are now read. I guess the default app is messed up somehow. I'll clear the cache and restart to see how it goes.

Advertisement