Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilrush in 1946

Options
  • 13-03-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking for some help with my research in trying to find information on what happened a cousin born in Kilrush Community Hospital in 1946.
    Does anyone know
    In 1946 was the community hospital run by nuns if so what order
    Infants who died in 1946 where we're they buried is there a site located on the grounds
    Was there an orphanage in Kilrush in 1946
    If children were adopted was it through the orphanage or an agency
    Any help is appreciated.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

Star55 wrote:
    Hi I'm looking for some help with my research in trying to find information on what happened a cousin born in Kilrush Community Hospital in 1946. Does anyone know In 1946 was the community hospital run by nuns if so what order Infants who died in 1946 where we're they buried is there a site located on the grounds Was there an orphanage in Kilrush in 1946 If children were adopted was it through the orphanage or an agency Any help is appreciated. Many thanks

Contact kilrush historical society through their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

You might get some pointers in the Genealogy section of Boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1288

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Joe Whelan has old ledgers with dates of deaths in his museum at the old creamery in Kilrush. He would be a great man to talk to about that.

Advertisement