Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Difficulty difference between C and D licences

Options
  • 13-03-2017 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm going to get my C licence but thought I might as well just go for the D licence while I'm at it. Is it much harder, should I just get my C and go from there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

Depends what you need the licence for?
    Is it for a job, just for the challenge of it, or private usage?

If you can pass the C test you shouldnt have a problem passing the D test (and vice-versa).

I took my C test in 2003 and my C+E test in 2014 (and may go for D licence at some stage). I went for C and C+E partly for the challenge of it and partly so I can drive any size of jeep + trailer or truck + trailer combination (for private usage).

Also worth noting is that if you're not going to use the C or D licence professionally you don't need to undertake the CPC lessons and test

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

monoshaun wrote: »
    I'm going to get my C licence but thought I might as well just go for the D licence while I'm at it. Is it much harder, should I just get my C and go from there?

You have to slow down way more for speed bumps in the bus. I thought I was crawling but the tester said I was a bit too fast for people sitting up higher on the bus. The other issue is that buses usually have a longer rear over hang than the trucks the schools use, not a major problem but something that you need to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

hi all.

just a bit of input from me regarding D licence cpc step 2, there are six case studies and to be honest I didn't really study most of them.

I took the exam and got 36 out of 45 and to be honest if you read the case study which will be on the left side of monitor and question and choice of 4 answers on the right you will find the answer.
    there are also common sense question like what is not a walk around check
    1. mirrors
    2. tyres
    3. moblie phone.
    4. wheel nuts.

so all I can say lads is don't worry.

Advertisement