Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self exclusion mess

Options
  • 13-03-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I opened up an account at the weekend with Betdaq

I lodged 1000 and began playing. I won about 700. Usually near misses

Next day i wasn't able to log in to my account. It was suspended. I accepted the reason. It was because i currently have a self exclusion agreement with Ladbrokes. Terms and conditions of betdaq states that you can't​ sign up with betdaq when you have a self exclusion agreement with Ladbrokes

So my initial deposit will be refunded. My winnings will go to charity at the end of the year

My only agrievance is that i was allowed to sign up in the first place. Also if i had lost my deposit of 1000, they wouldn't have refunded it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

They would have refunded it had you lost it, it's part of their terms and conditions. That's usually how bookmakers work, but you have to read the full terms and conditions to be aware of their exact ruling on these type of things.

There's usually know way for them to monitor accounts being made in real time and that's why you were able to sign up. A self exclusion is an agreement from both parties - and the agreement on your side would be that you accept you have to make every effort to not make a new account. Similarly they have to do what they can to prevent you from making an account, but my guess is that closing it down within a few hours and sending all deposits back is a reasonable effort on their behalf.

Advertisement