Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome Student Homework, Projects, Surveys & Degree-Related Research

• 12-03-2017 11:52pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Students welcome. Post homework and project questions. Work through problems towards solutions. Come back several times and discuss. Don't just ask for final answers in original post, and leave to never return. Also collect data for student degree-related research (surveys, interviews, etc.). Discuss methodologies, including measurements, data coding, analysis, results, and conclusions. Defend and discuss your reasoning. This is for student learning, not business or marketing purposes (latter should contact hello@boards.ie).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yelenazid

Hello,

My name is Eleni and I'm a student in CIT, Cork. I would like to ask help with my research. My topic is the impact of drone technology on site surveys in Ireland and the main question of my research is: The level of accuracy required from a drone survey in Ireland. At this stage, I will need to find people that I can interview and gather information. I have prepared a list of questions that I will need to collect answers for the purpose of my study. Unfortunately, I can't post the link with my questions as I'm a new user and the website doesn't allow me but if you are interested in helping me please contact me. I would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks,
    Eleni Zintiridou

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

yelenazid wrote: »
    Hello,

My name is Eleni and I'm a student in CIT, Cork. I would like to ask help with my research. My topic is the impact of drone technology on site surveys in Ireland and the main question of my research is: The level of accuracy required from a drone survey in Ireland. At this stage, I will need to find people that I can interview and gather information. I have prepared a list of questions that I will need to collect answers for the purpose of my study. Unfortunately, I can't post the link with my questions as I'm a new user and the website doesn't allow me but if you are interested in helping me please contact me. I would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks,
    Eleni Zintiridou

Competing with traditional surveys and Ground-penetrating radar surveys I doubt drones can compete

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭pj12332

HI guys,

We are currently doing a project in DIT within our auctioneering degree. We are looking at the library for the project and we are trying to get some information on the library in terms of design/building materials used in it's construction. We contacted Gilroymcmahon (who designed the modern extension 20 years ago however due to a relocation they currently cannot provide us with any information/drawings.

We are specifically looking at heat loss in relation to the building regulations and have to discuss floors. For example, we would like to know what type of floor would commonly be used on a modern enough extension for the likes of a library. It sits on floor 3 of the building so we are specifically talking about this level and not ground floor.

We do not come from an architectural/engineering background so we would not be able to guess what type floor is under the library. Would anyone from this area have any idea what type of floor construction would be used in at this location. here are links to images of the extension.

http://www.gilroymcmahon.com/educational/projects/bolton.htm
    http://www.irisharchitectureawards.ie/gold-medal/winner-gallery/dit-bolton-street-extension

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

pj12332 wrote: »
    HI guys,

We are currently doing a project in DIT within our auctioneering degree. We are looking at the library for the project and we are trying to get some information on the library in terms of design/building materials used in it's construction. We contacted Gilroymcmahon (who designed the modern extension 20 years ago however due to a relocation they currently cannot provide us with any information/drawings.

We are specifically looking at heat loss in relation to the building regulations and have to discuss floors. For example, we would like to know what type of floor would commonly be used on a modern enough extension for the likes of a library. It sits on floor 3 of the building so we are specifically talking about this level and not ground floor.

We do not come from an architectural/engineering background so we would not be able to guess what type floor is under the library. Would anyone from this area have any idea what type of floor construction would be used in at this location. here are links to images of the extension.

http://www.gilroymcmahon.com/educational/projects/bolton.htm
    http://www.irisharchitectureawards.ie/gold-medal/winner-gallery/dit-bolton-street-extension

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Check the Dublin City Council planning records? Surely this kind of detail was submitted for planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AlterNate

Any bim managers around??
    Need to complete a survey and trying to get in touch with as many as possible...need it as course work thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

AlterNate wrote: »
    Any bim managers around??
    Need to complete a survey and trying to get in touch with as many as possible...need it as course work thanks!!

All surveys to go here.

Advertisement