Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeEco Le Max 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use the search function first maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've had my eye on this phone for a while. It seems very few people have it but it's meant to be a great value phone.
    Also look at the Honor 6X.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

dinneenp wrote:
    I've had my eye on this phone for a while. It seems very few people have it but it's meant to be a great value phone. Also look at the Honor 6X.

Seems to be the way with it alright. Not many people willing to take the plunge with it. Will check out the 6X in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sure Thing

Bought 4gb/32G X822 from Geekbuying a couple of months ago for about eur220.
    Very happy with it, 145K antutu, stays cool playing games, QC3 and USB C.
    Fingerprint scanner never worked, down to the ROM I believe but that doesnt bother me.
    Overall a bargain and I would recommend

Hi again,

So if I was to go with it from Geekbuying this one will work in Ireland wihtout any problem and as shipping is from Spain there should be no tax/import issues?

[Spain Stock]LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 X829 5.7 Inch 2K Screen Smartphone Android 6.0 OS Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad-core 2.15GHz 64-Bit 4GB RAM 64GB ROM 4G LTE Touch ID OTG - Gold

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Advertisement

Does the 64GB model not come with the 6GB of ram no? And the 4GB with the 32GB? Possible typo on their site perhaps.

Edit: nevermind. I see there are various ram/storage configurations. I was thinking about the models available from Oppomart.

Does the 64GB model not come with the 6GB of ram no? And the 4GB with the 32GB? Possible typo on their site perhaps.

So many sites, versions of the phone, EU, non-eu and locations it confuses me.

dinneenp wrote:
    So many sites, versions of the phone, EU, non-eu and locations it confuses me.

Same here! So are you going to go with the one you linked above?

I think the X829 version does not have Band 20 LTE which you need for 3 in rural areas. The X822 and X820 versions do have this band.

Same here! So are you going to go with the one you linked above?

I'm going to wait till end of month and will check a few sites then and go for it.

I presume there's no 'issues' with it, and can use Google Play Store, WhatsApp works as normal with notifications etc.

• Advertisement

Sure Thing wrote: »
    Bought 4gb/32G X822 from Geekbuying a couple of months ago for about eur220.
    Very happy with it, 145K antutu, stays cool playing games, QC3 and USB C.
    Fingerprint scanner never worked, down to the ROM I believe but that doesnt bother me.
    Overall a bargain and I would recommend

How are you finding the User Interface?

I am considering this or the Xiaomi Max

How are you finding the User Interface?

I am considering this or the Xiaomi Max

I loaded the Google Now Launcher so it's pretty much the same as any other. The couple of quirks you adjust to very quickly.

The Xiaomi Mi5s Plus is a contender but more expensive. I'm almost suffering analysis paralysis, think I'll just jump for the LeEco.
    Best site to order from?

dinneenp wrote:
    The Xiaomi Mi5s Plus is a contender but more expensive. I'm almost suffering analysis paralysis, think I'll just jump for the LeEco. Best site to order from?

dinneenp wrote:
    The Xiaomi Mi5s Plus is a contender but more expensive. I'm almost suffering analysis paralysis, think I'll just jump for the LeEco. Best site to order from?

I bought my Xiaomi from oppomart.com and found them good. I'll be using them for the next phone too I reckon once I can decide on what to go for.

Ok, about to order LeEco phone.
    Should I look out for an international version? This one at oppomart.com doesn't say International ROM so does that mean that it'll come with chinese apps etc. installed?

and is there much difference between the LeMax 2 and LeTV-LeEco-Le-Max-2-X829

X820 and 822 are China/India/International models. X829 is the US SKU. Apparently the internals are the same though, same radio support.

You can flash different firmwares and make the model number change.

The Le Pro 3 looks like it could be better-
    much better battery
    5.5" instead of 5.7
    camera & display not as good though.

At the moment this is the one I'm going to buy tonight. But my mind might change (yet again).

I keep wondering why the Mi5 is sooooooooo popular compared the the LeEco phones. I think it's just down to more people being aware of the Mi5....

I skipped it as its 1080p instead of 1440p. Wasnt willing to downgrade resolution two years after the previous handset.

LeEco are showing signs that they're headed for bankruptcy. Totally over expanded (everyone saw that). Probably wouldnt buy one now as when they die the already small ROM scene will die with them.

Xiaomi have a really long heritage, kinda like what Oppo were a year or two ago, LeEco are brand new and reckless. Probably leads to the Mi's popularity.

ED E wrote: »
    I skipped it as its 1080p instead of 1440p. Wasnt willing to downgrade resolution two years after the previous handset.

LeEco are showing signs that they're headed for bankruptcy. Totally over expanded (everyone saw that). Probably wouldnt buy one now as when they die the already small ROM scene will die with them.

Xiaomi have a really long heritage, kinda like what Oppo were a year or two ago, LeEco are brand new and reckless. Probably leads to the Mi's popularity.

Hhhmmmm. Never thought about that 'new boy'
    angle of bankruptcy, just googled it a bit. May reconsider now.

Lol.
    Tried to get the Le Pro 3 but it's coming in about €300.
    Now looking for the Le Max 2 but want
    1.eu stock
    2.international ROM
    3.OTA so that I get update and easy notifications

Anyone can point me to a site with that and I'll buy tonight.
    Thanks,
    Pa

• Advertisement
Advertisement