Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new biker need advice please! 24 years old buying A bike near galway!

Options
  • 12-03-2017 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hey guys and gals im just starting out as a biker im coming to the end of my ibt and looking for a bike! Ive been learning on a 1000cc and feel comfortable on that, but for insurance purposes want a 600cc bike, im over 24 so restrictions dont apply. would just like a good all rounder with cheap insurance for commuting to work to get my practise in. Lookin at a suzuki bandit 650cc 2007, 3000€ a good price? any suggestions very much appreciated! how much should i pay? where should I buy?( galway area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

hey guys and gals im just starting out as a biker im coming to the end of my ibt and looking for a bike! Ive been learning on a 1000cc and feel comfortable on that, but for insurance purposes want a 600cc bike, im over 24 so restrictions dont apply. would just like a good all rounder with cheap insurance for commuting to work to get my practise in. Lookin at a suzuki bandit 650cc 2007, 3000€ a good price? any suggestions very much appreciated! how much should i pay? where should I buy?( galway area)

Welcome fellow Galway person ;)

Unfortunately Galway is bereft of bike shops : not one left.

As for bike, Bandit is a sound choice, as is say, Deauville if you want weather protection. Fazer also good. Kawasaki and Suzuki also make good middleweights.

Anything specific you are thinking about ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 whatusername?

galwaytt wrote: »
    Welcome fellow Galway person ;)

Unfortunately Galway is bereft of bike shops : not one left.

As for bike, Bandit is a sound choice, as is say, Deauville if you want weather protection. Fazer also good. Kawasaki and Suzuki also make good middleweights.

Anything specific you are thinking about ?

hi galwaytt! would a deauville be difficult to insure? was thinking along the lines of a bandit fazer or hornet? how much should one spend on their first real bike? is 3000 alot for a 07 bandit? I know galway just seems baron for motorbike dealers bar ivors but not the best reputation for some reason?? thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

Deauville..... come on Galwaytt we want to encourage him onto a bike not put him to sleep! (For what we use them for they are great)
    Fazer600 or bandit 600 are easy to insure, hornet 600 another good bet, finish on the bandits is not the best, Yamaha is a hoot to ride and nice handling too, Honda is, well it's a Honda, boring but reliable ish.
    Cb500 Honda is bulletproof, er500 same, Suzuki sv650 or v-strom650 is another good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...er, you ride a Deauville. ...so pot/kettle/black much ?

Define 'easy to insure'...

SO letting her SV go shortly. Time for a change.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...er, you ride a Deauville. ...so pot/kettle/black much ?

Define 'easy to insure'...

SO letting her SV go shortly. Time for a change.

Only when the controllers tell me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 whatusername?

I know its a bit late but thanks for the advice guys! Got a honda cb600f S N, lovly bike delighted with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

serious3 wrote: »
    Deauville..... come on Galwaytt we want to encourage him onto a bike not put him to sleep! (For what we use them for they are great)
    Fazer600 or bandit 600 are easy to insure, hornet 600 another good bet, finish on the bandits is not the best, Yamaha is a hoot to ride and nice handling too, Honda is, well it's a Honda, boring but reliable ish.
    Cb500 Honda is bulletproof, er500 same, Suzuki sv650 or v-strom650 is another good bet.

They above plus also Yamaha Xj6s or Honda Nc range....

Advertisement