Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass preamp help

Options
  • 12-03-2017 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Need some advice on an external preamp

Currently I'm using an ashdown ABM evo II combo as my main amp but I have an ashdown rpm-1 rack mount preamp.
    I want to use both in live settings( ABM for clean and rpm for dirtier sounds)
    I want to be able to switch between the two amps using a line selector but the problem I'm having is the set up of it and wiring

Any help greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You haven't described the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 scorcoran90

Sorry I'm just looking for advice as to how it should be done,I don't want to plug cables in and then blow two heads! How do I connect the preamp into the ABM?how is the signal chain going from the line selector,how do I isolate the rpm to run with the power amp from the ABM and then back to using the ABM as one unit...?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

ABY into both amps, preamp output into the ABM effects return. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 scorcoran90

feylya wrote: »
    ABY into both amps, preamp output into the ABM effects return. Simple as.

@feylya thanks a mill

Advertisement