Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car SUV

Options
  • 12-03-2017 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi ya.

Lookign at getting a new Car. I am looking at the mitsubishi pajero LWB 5 seater commercial.

I was at the dealers and apparently there a MY16 and MY17 model. MY17 being the newer.

Anyone know what the differences are as the dealer was vague something about the radio. However it is nearly 3k dearer for it new vrs the MY 16. Anyone know is it worth getting the newer model if i was considering changing later on the down road ( Highly unlikely but who knows)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Weren't they doing registration bonuses on the MY16 last year, is the increased price just the removal of this?

Worth pointing out that that generation Pajero is out since 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Weren't they doing registration bonuses on the MY16 last year, is the increased price just the removal of this?

Worth pointing out that that generation Pajero is out since 2000.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if this is the case. Speaking with the supplier he is saying that the new model has Apple car play and Android Auto. I'm not sure was this in the MY16 model which is still available to get. I must check this

Can't see it being work 3 grand extra either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Pajero -

The 2006 update looks like a facelift to me, so last full rework of the car does indeed seem to be from 1999/2000 as colm_mcm was saying. Maybe there is good value as a result, but probably a car that is at its core a 17 year old design is not going to be as good as the current market leaders.

Thinks like Carplay / Android auto are easily tacked on to make the model seem fresh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Pajero -

The 2006 update looks like a facelift to me, so last full rework of the car does indeed seem to be from 1999/2000 as colm_mcm was saying. Maybe there is good value as a result, but probably a car that is at its core a 17 year old design is not going to be as good as the current market leaders.

I think the biggest change in 06 was the 3.2 becoming standard. It was an option since launch though. It's had some nips and tucks here and there but it's still the same vehicle.

Now to be fair, it's ok for Land Rover to do it, the outgoing Discovery is out 13 years with refreshes done every few years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement