Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small hard lumps under skin near shin

Options
  • 11-03-2017 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

when i was younger, we used to have a tennis court in school that had loose chippings. i had many a fall and many a scar on my knees to remember them :)

just wondering, is it possible for one of these chippings to have gotten lodged in my leg? its something i've been thinking about for years coz i feel a couple of hard lumps under my skin, about the size of small pea. not visible, but you can feel it. and tonight one of them is kind of itchy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

gercoral wrote: »
    when i was younger, we used to have a tennis court in school that had loose chippings. i had many a fall and many a scar on my knees to remember them :)

just wondering, is it possible for one of these chippings to have gotten lodged in my leg? its something i've been thinking about for years coz i feel a couple of hard lumps under my skin, about the size of small pea. not visible, but you can feel it. and tonight one of them is kind of itchy.

The body usually reacts to and pushes out foreign material, but yes it can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Exileire

gercoral wrote: »

Remotely possible, but highly unlikely that these are retained foreign objects from years ago. Do you have any other symptoms aside from the presence of these itchy lumps? E.g. are they red? Any ankle pain or swelling, any cough or shortness of breath? Any red eye? Are you on any medications (including the 'pill')?

Advertisement