Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Injured Cat

Options
  • 11-03-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

Hope someone can help:

found an injured/sick cat outside my gate about an hour ago, brought her out into my back garden, i have 3 dogs and a cat that may harm her if i leave her alone. I contacted waterford animal welfare and waterford spca by phone and facebook, only got one response from waw that the person on call was not available (its voluntary and hes at work), i rang various vets but no answres either, the cat has since become unresponsive.

who else can I contact?

Update: I rang Pets r Vets, was informed if I had and injured dog it would be taken and looked after, but a cat the answer was no, due to goverment cutbacks i was told.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

City vets have an emergency number. But you have to cover the cost yourself. 051371155 leave a message and the on duty vet will call back in about 15 mins or so
    johndoe99 wrote: »
    Hope someone can help:

found an injured/sick cat outside my gate about an hour ago, brought her out into my back garden, i have 3 dogs and a cat that may harm her if i leave her alone. I contacted waterford animal welfare and waterford spca by phone and facebook, only got one response from waw that the person on call was not available (its voluntary and hes at work), i rang various vets but no answres either, the cat has since become unresponsive.

who else can I contact?

Update: I rang Pets r Vets, was informed if I had and injured dog it would be taken and looked after, but a cat the answer was no, due to goverment cutbacks i was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

rang that number at 6.15pm and left a message, no call yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lulu1985

Can I ask what colour the cat is? I'm missing my one the last few days...

its black and white, Waterford Animal Welfare are sending someone shortly to pick him/her up.

its black and white, Waterford Animal Welfare are sending someone shortly to pick him/her up.

Could you pm me a pic? My one is black and white she has white socks n white on her chest?

• Advertisement

lulu1985 wrote: »
    Could you pm me a pic? My one is black and white she has white socks n white on her chest?

Sorry, but she just been taken by Waterford Animal Welfare. They borrowed my cat carrier and will be returning it later on there way back from the vets. I'll ask them what Vets, if that's any good to you.

Sorry, but she just been taken by Waterford Animal Welfare. They borrowed my cat carrier and will be returning it later on there way back from the vets. I'll ask them what Vets, if that's any good to you.

If u cud it would be great? Thanks. Where in Waterford are you?

Ballybricken

they took the cat to city vets, but they had to put her to sleep, all her ribs were broken, they reckon she was hit by a car. They believe it was a feral cat. They will be putting a picture of her on the Waterford Animal Welfare Facebook page.

Hope it was not your cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭dzilla

https://www.facebook.com/CityCatsWaterford/photos/a.1641018426124955.1073741830.1633211433572321/2064002003826593/?type=3

Spotted the other day. Said I would mention as you said yours is black and white.

• Advertisement
Advertisement