Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US/EEA Domiciled ETF

Options
  • 11-03-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been looking to add ETF's to my investment portfolio, after a bit of research i'm leaning towards the following allocation:

30% S&P (prob SPY)
    35% EURO Govs (accumulating)
    35% EURO stock index

From what i can see, from a tax perspective it makes sense to invest in US/EEA domiciled ETF's (33% cap gains as opposed to 40% on EU ETF's).

The US allocation of my portfolio is straightforward, however i'm having trouble finding a EURO denominated ETF that isn't domiciled in Ireland/EU, i assume there isn't much demand for EURO products outside of the EU so this product may not even exist...?

There are a number of USD EU focused ETF's but i want to avoid the FX exposure if possible.

I'm relatively new to this, can anyone recommend ETF's that fit my requirements? I'm using Derigo to trade.

Please feel free to correct me if i'm going about this wrong way too, any advice very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement