Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

County Council Assistant Engineer Interview

Options
  • 10-03-2017 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

I have been invited to attend a Preliminary Interview for Wexford County Council at the end of March and want to be best prepared for this first step. I am 30 years old with a 1H.1 Degree in Construction Management & Engineering from WIT and a 1H.1 Masters from UCC named IT in AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction). At the moment, I am primarily running a building company with my Father, but do not see this work as a long term career. I have been looking for an opportunity in the public sector for a few years and this post has recently come up, so I sent in the application!

As this is a Preliminary Interview, I imagine that there will be quiet a number of applicants going that will need to be filtered down for a second round of interviews. I was hoping that someone on Boards can give me some insight into how the process works...How many interviews would there normally be? What do Council Interviews focus on in these interviews, etc.

I have printed off the County Development Plan and a few other documents to familiarise myself with current works and future plans. The actual job description is very vague as it basically says that the role of the assistant engineer is to fulfill the required duties requested by the local authority. Does anyone know what the normal roles entail for the assistant engineer?

I suppose I am really throwing a line out in the hope that someone on here can give any nugget of advice or have been down this road already and willing to share.

Any input would be great,

Thanks All!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Greengekko

Hi dave can I ask how did you get on?
    Is it hard to get one of these positions when it is more middle career, say experience of 5-10 years?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement