Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi Grant help?

Options
  • 10-03-2017 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi i'll be applying for the susi grant next month for the 2017/18 year as im currently doing my leaving cert.
    I just have one concern that im not sure about that i hope i can get some guidance about
    My mom and dad are divorced and i live with my mom, my younger brother and her partner. We are all dependants on his disability payment so my mom has no income of her own. My dad does not supply maintenance and my step dad isnt my legal guardian so im confused about applying for the grant itself.
    Will susi accept my step dads disability payment as income even though he is not my biological father? Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

dscan98 wrote: »
    Hi i'll be applying for the susi grant next month for the 2017/18 year as im currently doing my leaving cert.
    I just have one concern that im not sure about that i hope i can get some guidance about
    My mom and dad are divorced and i live with my mom, my younger brother and her partner. We are all dependants on his disability payment so my mom has no income of her own. My dad does not supply maintenance and my step dad isnt my legal guardian so im confused about applying for the grant itself.
    Will susi accept my step dads disability payment as income even though he is not my biological father? Please help

You may be asked to show a birth cert and a copy of the marriage certificate if your mum and step dad are married. This will show he is not your biological father.
    It will also indicate that your step dad does support the family from his income and in turn will be disregarded as him is not been your legal guardian.
    But you would not be entitled to any special rate of grant either based on your step dads social welfare payment type, as it is disregarded it would not be considered for any part of the grant process.

Advertisement