Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaquenil for positive ANA?

Options
  • 10-03-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am not looking for medical advice, but would love to hear some experience from anyone who takes Plaquenil for positive ANA results.

In a nutshell, I have had positive ANA results for 10 years, without any diagnosis. The doctor just monitors me. The only other SLE symptoms I have are Raynauds Disease, swollen glands, and fatigue, and I have fully controlled my flare ups of swollen glands, through healthy eating and knowing my triggers.

Recently my Rheumatologist said my Compliment C3 levels were up, and this indicated "lupus was rumbling" She wanted to start me on Plaquenil there and then, however I asked to wait a while, and have my bloods rechecked again before I started any meds.

I don't feel like I should be taking such a strong medication for the little symptoms I have. However, the doctor said I will "feel much better" when I take them...(even though I don't feel ill at the minute)

If anyone has any experience of taking Plaquenil for ANA i'd love to hear your views.

Advertisement