Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way of giving away a load of magazines?

Options
  • 10-03-2017 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a clearout and have decided to get rid of my music magazines. I must have hundreds, possibly even 1,000. I spent a lot of money on these over the years so I don't want to just throw them in the recycling and would like to see someone get some use out of them.

Years ago I gave magazines away to a charity shop. However I have no form of transportation and don't really have anyone I can ask for a favour. So I've been thinking I need someone to collect them.

I had thought about putting them on Adverts.ie or something similar and advertising them as free. The only problem with that is I really don't want to have to deal with people asking "have you got anything about Black Sabbath" or messing me around arranging a time and then not turning up. Really I just want to ask if anyone wants a job lot of magazines and for them to be happy about getting them for nothing.

Has anyone advertised anything for free on something like Adverts or Freecycle? Is it more trouble than it's worth? Another concern I have is giving my address out to people on the internet. Or does anyone know of a charity shop that has a delivery driver that would collect stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Maybe called the sue Ryder shop in town, they have a book shop upstairs even cd's, tapes and vinyl now. Or you could try facebook selling pages? Gumtree also.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

Carlow Lions club are starting their book sale (today I think), they are next to the St Vincent De Paul shop so they may take them in

Advertisement