Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St anns

Options
  • 10-03-2017 4:33pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have read a few other threads about this on here but couldn't find my answer,

Regarding the 11 o'clock rule that dogs can be off leash before this time, does this mean restricted dog breeds are allowed of lead Aswell while still been muzzled?

I would love to walk the pitches and let my guy have a proper run, instead of been confined to the Dog park all the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

It's very vague about the 11am rule, I've never heard it enforced. Just keep well away from the kids playground.

As for the muzzle, very rarely see any in use. Again keep away from the busy areas - the main avenue, the Red Stables etc.

The quietest area of the park is probably the football pitch opposite the Texaco garage on the Howth Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

RB's are banned from the dog run so if you've had no issues there I doubt you'd have issues on the pitches. Just bear in mind the guards patrol the park so call him back if you see them - trust me you'll see them because they just stick out from everyone else lol! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Just to answer your question specifically op, the national laws are always in effect, no matter what the local rules/bye laws are. So, even though dogs can be off-lead before 11am in the park, RBs still need to be on lead. By the letter of the law :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

DBB wrote: »
    Just to answer your question specifically op, the national laws are always in effect, no matter what the local rules/bye laws are. So, even though dogs can be off-lead before 11am in the park, RBs still need to be on lead. By the letter of the law :)

To be honest it's actually a rule I keep to (I'm surprised myself😂) not that my guy is aggressive, I just wouldn't want him hurting a smaller dog as he thinks every dog wants to play! I'll stick to the Dog park, I'm glad it's somewhere he can stretch his legs and not hurt a smaller dog😀

Thanks for answering my question!

Advertisement