Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consigning items to Adams and other dealers

Options
  • 10-03-2017 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

I tried searching, couldn't find, so decided to ask, hope that's ok.

I am thinking of buying some high end silverware, etc on eBay and consigning it to the likes of Adams auctioneers. Has anyone consigned stuff to them? What are they like to deal with? Is there a good place to start in terms of silverware auctioneers (Dublin based please)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Here's details of all the auction rooms: https://collectireland.com/auctions-2/

I should both O'Reilly's (Francis Street) and John Weldon (Temple Bar) would be the way to go. I'm sure you know what you're doing, and silver is not my field, but most things on eBay are overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When you take sellers fees into account you would need to be buying from ebay at a significant discount to make money from this.

Advertisement