Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk+EVGA+Game code promtions+Ireland = NO

Options
  • 10-03-2017 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭

I'm kinda thinking this is the best place to post this as it relates to the actual game promotional code .

So I bought an EVGA GTX1080 card from Amazon.co.uk with the Ghost recon Wildlands promotional code .

Except I got no code and after contacting Amazon a load of times I finally got an answer today . That answer was that, even thought it doesn't state it anywhere on the website, the promotion doesn't apply to people outside the UK :( .

Now I have never seen anyone post or say anything like this before so I was completely unaware that this could even be a thing .

Has anyone else come up against anything like this before ? , did they manage to find a way around it ?

I have tried contacting EVGA but tbh I'm not that hopeful .

Just a heads up incase anyone else it planning on buying the same .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sound suspect to me, I've bought tons of Nvidia/AMD cards off Overclockers UK and never once have I had an issue with game codes. In fact, there was a thread here before where people were discussing the GOW4 code for qualifying GTX cards bought from Amazon and there was definitely no issue there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

Sound suspect to me, I've bought tons of Nvidia/AMD cards off Overclockers UK and never once have I had an issue with game codes. In fact, there was a thread here before where people were discussing the GOW4 code for qualifying GTX cards bought from Amazon and there was definitely no issue there either.

There is no mention of it in the T&C of the promotion but Amazon are claiming it and not budging on the issue outside of promising to put a £10 credit on my a/c . I am going to try contacting EVGA and see what they say, if anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

I was able to get the latest doom that came with my Mobo from Mindfactory.de. Had to jump through a few extra hoops compared to a German but I was still able to get it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe try going direct to NVidia/EVGA with it, I've never seen anything to suggest those offers were UK only before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

jonski wrote: »
    There is no mention of it in the T&C of the promotion but Amazon are claiming it and not budging on the issue outside of promising to put a £10 credit on my a/c . I am going to try contacting EVGA and see what they say, if anything .

I'd tell them that I'm looking to return it for a full refund given that it's not stated anywhere that there are regional restrictions - or else you'll accept the cost of buying the game elsewhere.

Talk to someone on their live chat versus email. They're usually pretty decent and do seem to try their best to resolve stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do you not have to go to Nvidias website if enter a code or copy of your Amazon invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭jonski

So ,

After saying in the Amazon chat that I was looking to return the product they offered me a £5 credit which was then increased to a £10 credit on my a/c for the inconvience . I did actually look into returning it but the wait and the hassle made me quickly reconsider . I tried contacting EVGA but they said it was through Geforce and they had no control over it .

Then, out of nowhere a few minutes ago I get a call from Andrew in Amazon, he was reading through the feedback and couldn't understand how I wasn't getting the code so he got one generated and wanted to send it on to me through e-mail . G/R Wildlands is currently downloading in the backround . Alls well that ends well .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I bought a 1070 recently, and the site said i'd get the same code. No code was sent though, so i contacted the support and was told it would be with me within 24 hours. A week later, and no sign of it, so i contacted them again, and was again told that it would be with me in 24 hours. Still no sign 3 days later, and i contacted them a final time. They eventually just typed the code into chat, and that worked.

If you look at the T&C for the site, you only get the code if you buy it from Amazon directly. When i clicked Buy on the Amazon site, it was sold by a different reseller. So i think i maybe shouldn't have gotten it. I would have argued that though.

Also downloading Wildlands at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Calibos wrote: »
    I was able to get the latest doom that came with my Mobo from Mindfactory.de. Had to jump through a few extra hoops compared to a German but I was still able to get it.

I wasn't able to. Got a code off mindfactory but had to use it on the German claim site but couldn't cos I couldn't prove I was German resident. Asus UK didn't even respond to my request for a code I could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

superg wrote: »
    I wasn't able to. Got a code off mindfactory but had to use it on the German claim site but couldn't cos I couldn't prove I was German resident. Asus UK didn't even respond to my request for a code I could use.

Yeah, I remember that. It needed German Bank account details as proof of age rather than proof of residency IIRC though. Can't for the life of me remember what I did though, I just knew that I had to jump through a few extra hoops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiith wrote: »
    I bought a 1070 recently, and the site said i'd get the same code. No code was sent though, so i contacted the support and was told it would be with me within 24 hours. A week later, and no sign of it, so i contacted them again, and was again told that it would be with me in 24 hours. Still no sign 3 days later, and i contacted them a final time. They eventually just typed the code into chat, and that worked.

If you look at the T&C for the site, you only get the code if you buy it from Amazon directly. When i clicked Buy on the Amazon site, it was sold by a different reseller. So i think i maybe shouldn't have gotten it. I would have argued that though.

Also downloading Wildlands at the moment.

My GoW4 code took ages to be emailed due to them only sending it once the card shipped from Amazon but once it did it turned up in my email. As for the OP's issue, that excuse has to be utter BS as its not mentioned in the offer its UK only and region restrictions on a promo code made bugger all sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Me too, I bought and RX480 of overclockers and received my Doom key with in minutes. I think when it comes to GPU's i'd always go to overclockers I don't mind spending more and getting what I ordered.

Plus the Sweets :D

Advertisement