Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webcams that actually work with windows 10

Options
  • 09-03-2017 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a webcam that 100% works with windows 10. I have just bought and returned 2 webcams that would not work properly apparently due to last years windows 10 anniversary update.
    I returned a Logitech c310 that I thought was working fine until I tried to make a video call and my video was all distorted on the other end.
    It was the same with the Microsoft HD 3000.
    Any ideas on a webcam that will 100% work.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

sugarman wrote: »
    Id be seriously surprised if neither of those models worked, especially the HD 3000.

Are you sure it wasnt just a network/internet problem?

Were you using the latest drivers?

How was the image displaying locally, as in through an application on your own pc?

Hi. I still have the HD3000. It all seemed to be working well but when I make a video call , all the other person sees is a green screen kinda green lines.
    Tried downloading drivers from MS for it buy it says I don't need any for Windows 8 and above.
    Then I read somewhere else that it would work if I downloaded Windows 7 drivers.
    I done that but problem still persists.
    After downloading Windows 7 Drivers I now have MS livecam software but when I go to test the webcam it says "THERE IS NO CAMERA CONNECTED TO THIS COMPUTER"
    I tested it with the normal Windows camera app and it is connected.
    Would really appreciate any help.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you tried disconnecting the camera, uninstalling ALL drivers & then rebooting?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

Well. Im officially an idiot. The only thing i tested it on was facebook video calling. turns out it works on everything else but FB video calling does not support MS edge.
    changed my default browser to google chrome and all is working fine. The webcam software from microsoft still does not work with it but not really bothered as i can download another software suite.
    Thanks for your time and help.
    i really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Well. Im officially an idiot. The only thing i tested it on was facebook video calling. turns out it works on everything else but FB video calling does not support MS edge.
    changed my default browser to google chrome and all is working fine. The webcam software from microsoft still does not work with it but not really bothered as i can download another software suite.
    Thanks for your time and help.
    i really appreciate it.

995707_659653617383013_1200757877_n-1.jpg.cf_-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

When I started on Windows 10 in October I decided to give Edge a go because it seemed fairly nippy and has a pretty clean interface - having used Firefox for 10 years or so.

But I've had to switch to Chrome or Firefox (and on one occasion Explorer) so many times that it's ridiculous. Graphics problems, websites not loading, weird PDF issues, etc etc.

You'd think if you wanted to win back browser market share that you had lost and you had a Microsoft budget you would make sure it worked with EVERYTHING! I know many websites are poorly written and people don't always follow standards but that doesn't stop Chrome and Firefox from handling it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement